Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally i've gotten my bike back together, polished laid out chrome here and there and I was riding for the first time today after I had changed the clutches and tapped a few bolt holes in the valve cover while the motor was out of the bike, checking the valves and making sure everything is on the up and up. I've noticed in 4th or 5th gears if I'm just cruising and hit it hard it will loose power and feel like it will rev back into power. First I was like dam that didn't feel right so I did it in 4th and same thing. No grinding gears no funny sounds, just a loss in power and bang it comes back, almost feels like i have pulled the clutch in a bit and let go? Someone have experience on this one?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Old school gsxr's help

Check this out, I'm in the middle of doing a spring clutch conversion, I went to UK Lee's site and ordered the whole shabang! Anyways after I got everything in he called for a 10mm ball bearing :arsenal man i've called every bearing manufactor in NC and out of state I could find and no one sells this dam thing. No what I need to know what is the slabby push rod from the 86-88 longer than the 90 GSXR's? If so I can just order the OEM for about 13.00 instead of searching for this dam bearing....lol. Anyway I would appreciate the help and if anyone has the information the the push rod let me know so I can get Nessa back on the road... :bowdown: I think next time someone askes me about doing this conversion just go to GSXRZone and buy the kit. It may cost a little more, but u don't have to go out and find shit! :headscrat

Thanks,

Blue

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Completed it

Well I did the pull cable conversion and did the clutch basket conversion also! Man its amazing how much smoother she is! I have pics that I'm downloading will post. :arsenal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.