·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST ORDERED TWO NEW SPROCKETS FOR MY 03 GSXR-6OO

2 DOWN IN THE FRONT
3 UP IN THE BACK
AND OF COURSE A NEW CHAIN---------

I WANT TO MAKE MY SPEEDO RIGHT SO IT REALLY SAYS WHAT IM REALLY GOING--------I NEED HELP-----------WHAT DO I GET?-----WHAT CAN I DO?

IS THE RATIO I WENT ON MY SPROCKETS GONNA BE MEGA WHEELIE POWER? :cool:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
whtthundysc said:

2 DOWN IN THE FRONT
3 UP IN THE BACK

I WANT TO MAKE MY SPEEDO RIGHT SO IT REALLY SAYS WHAT IM REALLY GOING--------I NEED HELP-----------WHAT DO I GET?-----WHAT CAN I DO?

yes it will wheelie even easier (easy to wheelie to begin with, if you have any skill)

theres a thing they were talkin about that fixes your speedometer, called a yellow box...to lazy to look it up now...

·
Registered
488 Posts
theres a calibrator called yello box , see my post about sprokets a few down and there is a link to them there 110 shipped

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm ok moto

IM SURE I HAVE THE SKILL THERE MOTO------AND NOPE IM NOT TO LAZY TO LOOK IT UP JUST TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT THING---I THOUGHT THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS USED FOR ----(WEIRDO) :laughingr

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
whtthundysc said:
IM SURE I HAVE THE SKILL THERE MOTO------AND NOPE IM NOT TO LAZY TO LOOK IT UP JUST TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT THING---I THOUGHT THAT IS WHAT THIS SITE IS USED FOR ----(WEIRDO) :laughingr
He was talking about he was too lazy to look it up for you whtthundysc.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
That will be some NASTY wheelie power. You can lift an 03 600 in 3rd gear stock with some skill (trust me I have one)

But you can get a speedo healer or a yellow box. They both do the same job. The general consensus is the yellow box is better though.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
tapeworks.com........

·
Registered
543 Posts
whtthundysc said:
your not going to like it at all, you'll always be hitting the rev limiter leading to short wheelies, so get used to coming up outta 2nd or 3rd and switching gears to keep it up, trust me i'm -1F/+1R and i'm always hitting the rev limiter, so i had to learn how to switch gears mid flight for stand ups pronto...you'll see what i mean after you get it on the road. who knows you might like it but i'm guessing youll wind up droping the rear count some. anyhows..goodluck...KRUM :thumbup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
i'm with krum, my old 600 had -1 down in the front and it hit the limiter. hte 1k just rolls on. Oh I love it. I know a guy with an 02 1k and he rode it out in 2nd for about 4 mi ( he got tired) but it's all personal opinion anyway i guess, hope it works out for the best :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
whtthundysc said:

2 DOWN IN THE FRONT
3 UP IN THE BACK

Definitely easier to bring the wheel off te ground!!!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well did the front sprocket finally 5 months later damn damn damn thats some mad a** power!!!

now all i need is my speedo to tell the truth!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts