Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking at bugman's website a few months ago and saw his "Dealer Mode Switch" instructions. I figured I would try my hand at making a dealer mode switch for my K6 1000. I went and bought a toggle switch.(with wires attached), some heat shrink tubing,and a few washers. The MOD was amazingly simple. I put the switch directly in the cross-member under the rider's seat. It fit right in one of the pre-existing holes. I was shocked that it actually fit in that small space. All the instructions can be found here-http://bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrindex.html Don't worry! Pictures are comming soon. I'm at work right now and can't post 'em.:thumbup:

Here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
are you tapped into a 6 pin plug there, on the w/r and b/w wires. I,ve been looking for a 2 or 4 pin capped plug on my '06 750 and it just aint there. Thanks for any help and Good Job
It's just floating right below the fuse box and the other black box that are mounted behind the battery. There is actually two down there, but you want the white one I think?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you tapped into a 6 pin plug there, on the w/r and b/w wires. I,ve been looking for a 2 or 4 pin capped plug on my '06 750 and it just aint there. Thanks for any help and Good Job
just look for the brow wire with the white stripe and the white wire with the red stripe. If you connect these two you'll be in dealer mode. Sorry it took so long, but thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I appologize

Im sorry, but what is "Dealer Mode"???

·
Registered
463 Posts
you put the bike in "dealer mode" to find the source of the problem when the FI "fault indicater" light flashes on your instrument cluster.
and in case it isnt clear.. the reason its called dealer mode is bc if it wasnt for smart thinking guys like us.. the only people who can get the code are the dealers..and we all know that we should try to screw them over with every chance bc thats what they do..

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and in case it isnt clear.. the reason its called dealer mode is bc if it wasnt for smart thinking guys like us.. the only people who can get the code are the dealers..and we all know that we should try to screw them over with every chance bc thats what they do..
Yeah i'm with ya there "Dealers are the devil Bobby Boucher!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.