Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got my new hotbodies slash cut in the mail. I have an 05 GSXR 750. Excited! Until yesterday when I go to fit it on, it wont fit with just slipping it on BTW this pipe fits the 05-06 GSXR 1000's. If you look at the pic I attached the pipe gets bigger where it attaches to the mid-pipe. So if I am going to use my header I am going to have to cut atleast 2'' off the end of the header. Which then you will see is right where the bracket is. And then I would have to grind the side welds on the pipe so the slip-on will fit. The only thing is I like this exhaust and the sound, it cleans the bike up really well because there isn't any big canister on the side. So even though it will be tough I want to stick this one out and do whatever it takes to get it to fit. So if you guys can help and if you know anyone that has done this to their bike or even if you know what I need to do, the help is appreciated.

PS: I tried searching the forum and couldn't find nothing to help my problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Damn wish you lived nearby it may be a bit challenging but not that difficult. I did somewhat the same in my garage this weekend.

I already replaced the cat with a single 10 in pipe and didnt like the little loop around the pipe made before going up to the can. So I chopped in a few places and welded some of them back to shorten the already "straight piped" system. I ground it all down and cleaned her up. Now she throws some nice little flames.

I say go for it and your plan sounds like it should work.

·
rotaredom
9,582 Posts
that is new?

i would not even consider the thought of cutting the header, the pipe yes, but never the header. if it were me....i would send that back, and find the one that goes to that bike specific...

·
Registered
215 Posts
why dont you go to a muffler shop they have a machine that can make the en of the pipe wide.. if that doesnt work try sending it back and get something that fit your bike

·
Registered
436 Posts
or get a better pipe..those things are cheappppp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
or get a better pipe..those things are cheappppp.
Well it is easy for 06+ bikes to say go out and get a better one because ya can get the shorty exhaust. We are limited to choose from big ass canisters the size of a horses ****. This is what I wanted and it will get mounted one way or the other. What makes it better to me is it will be custom, well not the slip-on but the fitting will.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.