Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got in ALOT of stuff for the bike, pics of the parts before & after! fiber,hid,+

Just a few pics of some of the stuff I'm putting on.. missing a few pieces in the pictures like my tail sides , cowl and front cowl.

Also yesterday I installed some really sweet mirrors, real carbon fiber pig spotters with LED signals underneath the surface of the fiber.. can't see shit with them, going to move them from the stock mirror position to fix that when I put these frame parts on.

The pics show frame protectors , swingarm protectors, engine protectors in carbon fiber, HID kit, flash 2 pass kit, shark fin (chain protector), smoked tail signals, LED boards for tail signals, power pilots..

going to flush the radiator and put engine ice in while I have the bikes sides off. Since I'm going to have to take the front end off to put the hid kit and flash2pass on I'm going to wait a few days for my front carbon fiber piece to come in (the part the windscreen connects to) which will be a day or two..

I know alot of you disagree with money spent on carbon fiber, go ahead and post your opinions if they're flaming or negative bs i'll just pass by them but your of course welcome to post them on this public forum. : )

onto the TERRIBLE pictures, sorry cam sucks and background was dark.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Also since I sold my old fairing set for $650 I had some cash for a new helmet, got the helmet I've always thought was the best helmet i've ever seen. I've got to say its amazing compared to KBC and Icon helmets. I've owned both and they are shit compared to this helmet.

Also picked up a perfect Pitbull Gold w/red handle rear stand (with both spool and swingarm adapter) for $60 off craigslist, and a front stand (with adapter to work with the rear as well) for $49 + 7 shipping online (harbor freight tools website, if anyone needs a stand that will work front and rear $60 is a really nice deal shipped to your door)

After getting my suspension tuned professionally and filling my tires up to a stiffer PSI I have improved my cornering on my GSXR about 50%. It is unbelievable how messed up my suspension and tire pressure was. I'm 150 lbs and it was set for like a 260 pd person, and the tire pressure was 26 PSI, I put it up to 32/32 and makes an amazing difference. Now when I flush the radiator and put in the engine ice stuff I'll have my temperature stop hitting 225 at lights which will be good.

Also received my tail-sides finally, took him 2 months to make but it was worth the wait.

This is the bike after I put my taylormade on, and installed the fiber sides and vents I ordered. When I receive my last piece (upper headlight fairing) i'll take the bike apart and start installing everything.. probably will take two days or so.

This is after I put the sides/vents on. These two pictures (above and below) are older but just thought i'd throw them in

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope haven't put the tires on and doubt i'll be able to myself... I'd prob fuck up the rim. I'll end up having to dish out some cash to get them put on. My battleax's have atleast 1k left so i'm going to run them for a good while longer..

I just installed the Flash 2 Pass receiver on my garage wall, the carbon fiber engine cases left and right and tightened my chain. The rest i'll do when this part im waiting for arrives (front upper fairing and engine ice) so i'm not taking my bike apart twice in one week, rather wait and do it all at once : )

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Ive never had an Arai. What makes it so great compared to Icon and others? Seriously Im cheap and bought the Scorpion w/the chamelion scorp on it. Its like $150 new. But I have always wanted one of the bright off the wall matches nothing helmets.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive never had an Arai. What makes it so great compared to Icon and others? Seriously Im cheap and bought the Scorpion w/the chamelion scorp on it. Its like $150 new. But I have always wanted one of the bright off the wall matches nothing helmets.
Its much more comfortable. The cheekpads are even high tech, they have a "cool-dry" material that makes it never stay wet. The visor has vents, the mouth vent has 3 settings, the top has 3 vents , all this blended in.. its just a lot of great functions and comfort as well.

My icon has vents that sucked. The cheekpads were not very good material..

If you want an off the wall graphic i'd buy the Gambler Spec1r Suomy , that was my helmet when I had a red CBR and it was fucking great as well.

Arai is my new favorite though, even though the suomy was equal.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
been so shitty out lately , finally detailed the bike and ready to glue on some more stuff. Going to do swingarms tonight if I have time inbetween school stuff... doubt it though- maybe tomorrow. T

hen frame protectors will go on next week, waiting for my Engine ice to arrive from motorcycle superstore order..

Next week will be switching out oil that I just put in 300 miles ago but didn't put synthetic, kicking myself for not doing that just wasted like 20 bucks, going to go w/full synth next week, flushing radiator and putting in engine ice, new upper headlight fairing, tail sides, cowl, frame protectors all in carbon fiber, hid kit, flash 2 pass, smoked tail lights, LED tail light boards and that's it for next week I think. Just put new swingarm sliders on today as the metal spike ones do not slide worth shit, I got the plastic kind that is made to slide as well as it doesn't look like hell after the first time you use a stand on the spools.. also new windscreen bolt kit as I didn't like the "spike" one, and my old plastic ones are stripped and missing one..

then after installing all the above next week I ship out the tail pieces, and upper headlight fairing, and windscreen spikes to people who bought them.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Old 05-21-2009, 08:31 AM #135
02gsxr_750
Novice

Send a message via AIM to 02gsxr_750

DO NOT do business with TrancedMP3... I was buying a frame off of him for 900 shipped, atleast I thought I was getting a frame. I gave him 350, then another 150 when he supposevly shipped it. Then he said he lost the comformation number and tracking number. I received 2 items in the mail which were computer parts and had nothing to do with a gsxr. Sent them back, it's been over a month and I still dont have my frame. Opened a dispute on paypal to get my money back, and now he's trying to turn it around on me and say that I must have the frame and that I opened his 2 packages and swapped for something else and sent them back. Also is refusing to return my money. Basically a bunch of bullsh*t. If I had my frame there would be no problems, I just want to replace my bent frame. So just a heads up not to be in the situation im in. It sucks, especially with $500 at stake.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Old 05-21-2009, 08:31 AM #135
02gsxr_750
Novice

DO NOT do business with TrancedMP3... I was buying a frame off of him for 900 shipped, atleast I thought I was getting a frame. I gave him 350, then another 150 when he supposevly shipped it. Then he said he lost the comformation number and tracking number. I received 2 items in the mail which were computer parts and had nothing to do with a gsxr. Sent them back, it's been over a month and I still dont have my frame. Opened a dispute on paypal to get my money back, and now he's trying to turn it around on me and say that I must have the frame and that I opened his 2 packages and swapped for something else and sent them back. Also is refusing to return my money. Basically a bunch of bullsh*t. If I had my frame there would be no problems, I just want to replace my bent frame. So just a heads up not to be in the situation im in. It sucks, especially with $500 at stake.
----------
So you are going to put this on all his posts?????????????????????

·
BaDAZ
517 Posts
I think he already has

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

----------
So you are going to put this on all his posts?????????????????????
Yep and if you where a SH!T Bag I would do it to you to

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Yep and if you where a SH!T Bag I would do it to you to
Good luck not getting banned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.