Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know I totaled my K8 600 last week. Then I was told my insurance had been cancelled a month b4 my wreck with no warning to either me or my insurance agent. So after a ton of leg work from myself and my agent, my policy is getting reinstated and my bike will be covered. During my week in limbo I had my bike unofficially appraised by a local shop and was told it would be totaled.

So my question is, If my bike is totaled, I would like to buy it back. How much does a company usually charge to buy a salvage vehicle? from what i've seen it seems to be 10% of the pay out.
My Crash Thread

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
When my 99 750 got totaled in 05, insurance offered me 4900-500 for the deductable or 4900-2500 if I wanted to keep it. I didnt ask where they got that number from, there wasnt 2000 worth of parts left on it. Stoopid broad...end rant.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why was your insurance canceled
Because of a series of miss communications. I have Nationwide, Nationwide's powersports division is located in Demois, IA. When my agent quoted me a price for my insurance the quote was $200 less than what it should've been but because she had promised me a price and had Nationwide back it up. After my price was set Nationwide up'd my premium, which in turn was reduced b/c of the guaranteed price I had gotten and the difference was credited to my Insurance account ($200). I also set up to have my monthly insurance payments to come out of my bank account automatically and had my change of address added to my account, but because of the secretary at my agency that information never got entered to my account. So when my first monthly payment was due, it was pulled from the $200 credit instead of my bank info. After 5 months of payments from the credit, the funds ran out and then I became late on my payments. Because the powersports devision is a new addition to Nationwide when my Late notices started to go out, because my address change never got to them, the mail went to my old address. Then it got sent back to IA bypassing my agent.

Cliffs notes:
1. My agents secretary doesn't put my information in my account
2. My late payments went to an old address and were returned.
3. My agent didn't know because powersports is a new division of Nationwide and my payment info bypasses her for some reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.