Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I know a place that could give you a realistic "estimate"....and insurance company...

don't get a 750, if you start on it, your insurance will be crazy and you will never learn on it...

I don't recommend a 600 either...

SV650S and you can buy full fairings for it....

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you go to progressive.com they give u an online quote. i actually bought mine online as well, only took like 20 min. I pay 65 a month for basic ass insurance and i dont have my license or taken the msf class yet (i take it in 4 days :thumbup: :D ) Oh and im 19 wit a 750.

·
Banned
105 Posts
The best price on insurance I have found it here:

http://www.cycleinsure.com/

I believe the person you ask for is Rick, but I usually talk to Leslie.

I have 4 bikes and pay CA minimums and my total is $107.00 per year.

Bikes:
89 250 Yamaha Verago
2001 Bandit 1200
2003 GSXR 1K
2005 DR650SE

·
Registered
617 Posts
k.west said:
If you go to progressive.com they give u an online quote. i actually bought mine online as well, only took like 20 min. I pay 65 a month for basic ass insurance and i dont have my license or taken the msf class yet (i take it in 4 days :thumbup: :D ) Oh and im 19 wit a 750.

Where the hell are you??? I quoted out a 600 (I'm an insurance agent, so it was easy) but it was almost $4500 a year for full coverage, and $2000 for basic.

Basically, insurance goes mainly on 4 things....the vehicle, your driving history, your age, and your location. If you're somewhere that has a high theft rate (like South FL where I am) you're gonna pay hella more than somewhere that's a little bit calmer (like Charlotte, NC where they have the lowest insurance rates in the country).

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
My insurance cali min was like 250 for the year... But I have a point for 94 in a 65... Otherwise it would have been lower... But I may call blades place next time see if how much they offer full coverage

·
Registered
320 Posts
Foe Luv said:
Country Insurance Rules, for my 02 gixxer 1k I pay $50 a month!!! :thumbup:

Hahahaha yeah it does. I pay 35$ a month on my 1K. :funny:

·
Registered
201 Posts
i got quoted from progressive for 5200 a year. 3 years safe driver no tickets or accidents. wtf. i cant afford that. what places should i try. i have usaa but they told me i had to be a driver for 5 years before they would insure a motorcycle. how dumb. someone help me out

·
Registered
249 Posts
hey 24 get your insurance in your mom or dads name with you occasional driver my friend did that and it's cheaper, or get it in your spouses name if you have one. the wifey owns my bike i just pay for it :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
oh and im 19 yrs old. thanks, yea my friend has an r6 and his dad did that with state farm so i dunno. its real cheap i think. ill ask my dad

·
Registered
488 Posts
as far as yearly premiums, what do you have for coverages?
i pay 1330.00 for 12 months on my 04 1k thru progressive
i have full coverage 100/300K on uninsured/underinsured and collision/comp
250 deductable collision/comp
5000 med pay per person
if i wanted to drop collision ($900.00) of the policy, the rest would only be @400 per 12 months. im 34 married, with no accidents or tickets, have motorcycle safty rider cert, and have had my m/n lic for over 12 years.as well as having continuas coverage for over 8 years with same company.also for 68 more per year i have the same coverage on my katana also

·
Registered
80 Posts
GSXR junky said:
im turning 16 soon and i am gonna buy a gsxr i want to know an estimant on a gsxr 600 or 750 2002-2003

Call country Insurance I pay 50 a month for my 02 1000!!

smokin deal :funny:

·
Registered
58 Posts
State Farm 35/mo for 15,000/30,000/25,000 on a GSXR600

Im 25, no tickets, and have had my drivers licence since I was 16. I also took the MSF(dunno if it maters tho)

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
it does cause they give a discount for that also

·
Registered
80 Posts
muaythai_folife said:
State Farm 35/mo for 15,000/30,000/25,000 on a GSXR600

Im 25, no tickets, and have had my drivers licence since I was 16. I also took the MSF(dunno if it maters tho)

50 is good considering, I'm 21, but I also have no tickets!!! :D

·
Registered
617 Posts
All you guys with the low low rates, are y'all carrying full coverage? Or Liability only?

I know for me to price otu a bike, full coverage was what killed me, but liability was pretty cheap....the nice thing is that in FL no insurance is REQUIRED on a bike unless you're financing it.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
cpat said:
All you guys with the low low rates, are y'all carrying full coverage? Or Liability only?

I know for me to price otu a bike, full coverage was what killed me, but liability was pretty cheap....the nice thing is that in FL no insurance is REQUIRED on a bike unless you're financing it.
I have liabilty only, its only 240.00 a year. here in texas to even have it registered you have to got to have insurance. im only 21 and clean record.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts