Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know people ask a lot about this but i searched and didnt find what i was looking for. i want to know a good insurance company to with. im 19 with no tickets or wrecks. i have taken the msf course. my parents are making me do 100/300 for bodily and um. and then 500 deductible. i have called progressive, and bikeline, both of them want 5000 a year. i need full coverage i think, im not sure if i have to have collision or not. if someone knows any good places let me know, i live in orlando florida and ride an 02 gsxr 600. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
have parents open a motorcycle policy and you be a listed driver its cheaper
If applicable in your state because I know that Fl. is very weird with ins policy out there

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have USAA and they said they wouldnt give me a policy till i had been a driver for 5 years. how gay.

·
Registered
600 Posts
upping your deductable would drop it a bit. But if i were you I would have your dad insure it. Cpat on the forum is an insurance agent she can probably help you. But 5g a year is rediculous for a bike thats only 8k new

·
Registered
764 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
i know people ask a lot about this but i searched and didnt find what i was looking for. i want to know a good insurance company to with. im 19 with no tickets or wrecks. i have taken the msf course. my parents are making me do 100/300 for bodily and um. and then 500 deductible. i have called progressive, and bikeline, both of them want 5000 a year. i need full coverage i think, im not sure if i have to have collision or not. if someone knows any good places let me know, i live in orlando florida and ride an 02 gsxr 600. thanks

You know what I was having the same problem with insurance. There is a insurance agent that is located in Casselbarry, FL and man he got my insurance to 876.00 a year. That is with the 100/300, 500 deductable, I know that the only thing I don't have is the Medical. But I'll get you his number and post it back on here later on today. I didn't bring his card in with me today because it's in the car and I drove the bike to work. I know his name is Harry Hoskins. But the insurance agency he went through was AIG. But once I get home i'll post the info and hopefully a lot more people can use it.

kre8

Oh Yeah if I would have done the deductable at 1000.00 it would have gone down about 150.00 but I'd rather have the deductable at a range I know I can pay for really quick.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Alright guys living in FL i'm really not sure if he can work out of state but I know he can do FL. The name of the company is Hoskens Insurance Agency, he is based out of Winter Springs, FL his number is 407-327-0103 I know he is open untill 10pm est. I have my insurance through him he works with various agencies so just let him know that you have gotten a quote with progressive already and he will try other agencies. Goodluck

kre8

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i called him today but i have to call back tomorow cause there gonna do it under my dad to make it cheaper and make me a corider. hope all goes well. wish me luck. also i have to wake up at 6 so i can go get my license. then at 330 im goin to get my tag. yay now ill be able to ride legally

·
Registered
764 Posts
drgnframe24 said:
yeah i called him today but i have to call back tomorow cause there gonna do it under my dad to make it cheaper and make me a corider. hope all goes well. wish me luck. also i have to wake up at 6 so i can go get my license. then at 330 im goin to get my tag. yay now ill be able to ride legally

Well g/l on your exam...I just went on Monday to get my permit to ride...untill I feel that im ready to take my full exam. I'm still waiting on my tags cycle riders said it it takes about 3-4 weeks i've only had my 750 for about 2 weeks now. Well im glad you called Hoskins, he does try his best to get you the best price. Glad i was able to help someone out hopefully more FL people that went through the same shit with insurance can use Hoskins for insurance. I wonder if he does referals?!?! :hmmm: Time to call him up and ask!!

kre8

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the reference. i just had to go get the license, i took the msf class but still had to go get it on the license.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
I just have liability and comphensation. I dropped collision. I just have a permit and didn't take my MSF course yet. So far i'm paying about 150 a month. If i just get liability, its about 37. If i were to get full, that shit is like 530 a month. Oh yea, i'm only 20, and this is through pogressive, seems like they were the cheapest for me. When i take the MSF course and get my license, i'll be pay like 75 a month for comphensation and liability.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I went through the same agent my jeep is with and ended up with progressive insurance on my bike. For my sv it is only $356 a year for just liability. Haven't changed the policy over to the gsxr yet but when I got a quote they said it would be like $780 a year with the same policy. Thats on a 750 the 600 was like $60 less. I'm 20 also and looked into having my dad as the primary and me as a secondary rider and they said it wouldn't make it any cheaper because it goes by the individual riders. or something I'm not sure what they said. I looked into adding theft coverage to mine too because alot of bikes where stolen over the summer where I live and that would have been an extra $370 on the sv, not sure on the 750 yet though. I have been told by many people/ dealers that state farm is the cheapest but you have to have an auto policy with them, can't just have a motorcycle policy. Anyway hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
764 Posts
jeepboyyj said:
I went through the same agent my jeep is with and ended up with progressive insurance on my bike. For my sv it is only $356 a year for just liability. Haven't changed the policy over to the gsxr yet but when I got a quote they said it would be like $780 a year with the same policy. Thats on a 750 the 600 was like $60 less. I'm 20 also and looked into having my dad as the primary and me as a secondary rider and they said it wouldn't make it any cheaper because it goes by the individual riders. or something I'm not sure what they said. I looked into adding theft coverage to mine too because alot of bikes where stolen over the summer where I live and that would have been an extra $370 on the sv, not sure on the 750 yet though. I have been told by many people/ dealers that state farm is the cheapest but you have to have an auto policy with them, can't just have a motorcycle policy. Anyway hope this helps, good luck.

Holly Hell I pay 287.00 a month for my ins on my car....and that's a single damn car. WTF well I guess having tickets, and suspension will screw u up. Crap talking about that all that shit should have cleared this Nov. WOooHOOo ins suppose to drop if not then i'm just going to have to change companies.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Right before I bought my gixxer I got a quote from progressive and they certainly do differentiate between the GSXR and the SV or GSX. My company’s rates aren’t much different between those bikes and I found out my insurance, full coverage, is only going to go up $ 40 a year when I get a 1k in the spring. So I think it will be 400 a year for full coverage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts