Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking for an integrated tail light for my 2001 750. I have been searching around for a while now, and I'm having a hard time finding something I like.

The 954 conversion looks really good, but I can't seem to find a decent light anywhere. Theres a few on amazon for cheap, but I don't want something that will be really hard to see in the day. Where does everyone get the 954 tail lights from, and please comment on the brightness of yours.

I also saw the hotbodies one with the dual tail lights, and I don't really like the look of that.

If anyone has any other options please share.

Thanks!

Here are some pics of my bike:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you looked into clear alternatives? Im pretty sure they make an integrated taillight for your bike.
Clear alternatives has gone out of business. That is also the problem I have. All the old threads I read are using the CA lights, but they're not around anymore.

·
Registered
77 Posts
got my 954 taillight from ebay i find if bright enough to see in the day time

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Had these on my 01 750 yrs ago believe the company stopped making them

Attachments

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys.

I ordered the 954 tail light from motodynamic. It was a little more than the stuff on ebay and Amazon, but I don't want to wait 3 weeks for shipping from China.

I will update this thread when I install it to hopefully help the next person looking for a tail light.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
:headscrat the first one I posted was from Florida but hey whatever

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Yea I see that. I just don't really like the dual light design, and I don't really want to paint anything right now either.

Thanks though.
hey it's all good dude it's your bike, I was just confused by the china comment...and don't mind me, I'm just the village idiot!

Florida you gotta wait for them to inspect it for cubans and all that so total wait time prolly around 2 months :Laughing:.
:Laughing: good point!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
I used the 05 Gsxr 600/750 tail light for my K1 and it looked pretty good. I cannot find a picture but if you must need one i will have to take a picture of my tail

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Audi that sounds pretty interesting. I haven't seen that before. If you could post a pic of what that looks like that would be great!

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
There is one posted now just as i was going to snap my picture

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I installed the 954 tail light from motodynamic today.

The brightness in the daytime is okay. Not as good as I wanted, but I guess it will do. I would have like brighter, though.

The fitment is also just okay. But that is probably not the fault of the light, but rather because the light is made for another bike.

I didn't take any pics of the install since that is covered pretty well already, but basically I used some corner brackets that I modified.

Here is how it looks:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts