Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 GSXR 600, was wondering if any of you DIY'ers have installed a garage door opener on their bikes. I want to integrate it into the high beam swith. I bought a garage door opener at Wal-Mart earlier and was tinkering with it. I soldered the push button terminals together so whenever the clicker receives power it will send out the signal. Then I tried to wire the power supply into the High Beam fuse but I think I fried the circuit board because it stopped working. So anyways I exchanged it a little bit ago and before I screw up another one I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas or knew where to wire it. It normally is operated on a 9Volt battery so I am thinking the bikes power supply is going to be too much. I am just an amateuer electrician so any ideas will help.

·
Registered
309 Posts
it might actually be alot easier if you use a relay, that way it's circuit is totally from your bike and you would still need the 9 volt battery in the opener

·
Registered
83 Posts
Personally I am going to get a key chain sized opener, get some double sided tape and attach it to the side of my gauges or somethin...maybe on the side of the ram air tubes closest the the frame outta sight... :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
MooseLoad said:
I just picked up a key-fob sized garage door opener and put it in my pocket... I have heard of people wiring it into the pass button with success.
Where can you get those at? I am planning on Mounting my opener on my bike somwhere at out of site. Let me know what you guys end up doing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok here's where I am at on my little project. I have a 9 volt garage door opener. I soldered the button so that it is always on. All I need to do now is find out where I can attach the power supply on the wiring system of my bike. I am going to install 3 "1 volt resistors" inline with the positive wire so that it wont blow my circuit board on the garage opener. I was going to originally install the positive from the door opener into the wire that goes into the head light high beam fuse, but I was testing it with a light tester and it seems that there's always power going into that fuse. I dont know how much power is going into it though because I don't have a multimeter. Does anyone know if there will always be 12 volts of electricity traveling through that fuse? I am thinking that maybe there's just a little bit electricity going through it and thats why the light always comes on when I test it. If anyone knows where I can find a schematic for the 2005 GSXR 600 or if anyone has a service manual could you possibly look into it for me? Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's normally 12v every where. Thats the reason why to use resistors. you inline all 3 of them and tap in the middle one and that will provide you somewhere around 8v. But if you have 4 and tap in on the last one that will provide you a solid 9v. Let me draw some schematic later on tonite before you blow somethings else up.....lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a genie garage door opener that I picked up at Home Defecit along with the key fob size remote which was about 20 bucks. Depending on your opener, you should be able to pick up the keyfob sized remote about anywhere....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.