Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you gsxr owners/riders. Wanted to stop in and introduce myself, and my bike.
Just like my user name, she's definitely One Bad Bike. Simply stated. I've been riding for several years, have had 1996 Honda cbr 600, 2017 kawasaki ninja 300, 2018 suzuki gsxr600(currently riding), and a 2018 yamaha R1.
So it's fair to say I've had my experience with the main 4 brands of super sport bikes. I have to say I honestly love my GSXR. Don't get me wrong the R1 was a sicc azz bike, wicked fast, with full Graves exhaust she growled like a bear and roared like a beast when laying into the throttle. Unfortunately, I had to sale it to buy a work vehicle and repair my gsxr600 after a spill in Malibu canyon.
Enough of that, let's get to it.. My 2018 Gsxr-600, One_Bad_Bike rearsets from Attack Performance, front suspension rebuilt with Ohlin's internals, carbon fiber tail, ram air cowl, upper nose cowl, under tank knee panels, and small side panels just below knees most cf parts from 1Carbontech. ASV shorty levers, Rizoma brake fluid reservoirs, Steel braided brake lines with titanium banjo bolts from CoreMoto, Galfer full floating wave rotors up front with titanium bolts from ProBolt USA. Am getting ready to install polished GP triples and steering stem from Attack Performance with all black titanium hardware from ProBolt USA, black titanium windscreen bolts, caliper mounts, front axle pinch bolts, magnetic oil sump bolt, rear axle adjuster bolts all from ProBolt USA along with various other titanium bolts and nutz too many to remember.. Custom airbrushing on front side fairings in metallic candy over pearl... just picked her up from painter yesterday..
Hope you all enjoy here she is...

Attachments

·
Mod of the North
29,107 Posts
Welcome Sir. That thing has more titanium in it than Supermans jock strap.

Reactions: One_Bad_Bike

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,770 Posts
That's a long list doodads. Welcome to the site.

Reactions: One_Bad_Bike

·
Registered
2003 GSXR 1000, Ixil undertail exhaust, lowered footpegs, Corbin seat, carbon fiber front fender.
7 Posts
That’s a bad bike for sure, sorry to hear about the spill glad your ok 👍

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a long list doodads. Welcome to the site.
There's actually a few I forgot to mention... new chain, sprockets, integrated brake light, smoked blinker lenses, fender eliminator, Yoshimura Alpha T slip‐on, Ohlin's cartridges up front... Maybe I did there's so many doodads I forget them all. And I just purchased a set of AS3 white radiator hoses and clamps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s a bad bike for sure, sorry to hear about the spill glad your ok 👍
Thanks, and thanks.. I have had a total of 3 incidents while riding my gsxr. The first one I almost had 1 of my toes ripped off trading paint with the car in front of me as I was merging into the carpool lane. The foot peg on the brake side punctured my shoe as I was trading paint it was sandwiched between the peg and the car, since the car and I were traveling at different speeds it sort of rolled I guess between the two surfaces braking my middle toe, and ripping it across the bottom took 4 stitches.
2nd incident was leaving for work on a risk Monday morning as I pulled out of the drive onto the street. I knew better than to gun it on cold tires. I thought whats worst that will happen the ass will swing out... I'll just let off the throttle and get it back under control. Ya, that's not how it went at all. It came around so quick I didn't have time to correct it. The bike spun counterclockwise 90° and slammed on the ground. Since I had a death grip on the handle bar it threw me to the asphalt right on my shoulder. I tore the 3 ligaments that hold the clavicle to the shoulder. I picked my bike up, parked it at curb called a buddy to take me to the VA.
The 3rd was in Malibu canyon on a big club ride. I was riding super aggressive that day, and too fast on an unfamiliar road. Was behind a stunt bike getting anxious to pass him. When he waved me to pass I spead up took an easy left, up a little an easy right as I picked up speed came up over a little hill, then there was a hairpin left. Was in the outside lane so I braked as hard as I could as long as I could then took the left as late as I could. As I banked hard to the left I was slowly creeping closer to the guardrail. As I was about to get thru the turn the guardrail was inches from my bike, I saw something that looked like a 4x4 block of wood attached to the bottom of the guardrail support protruding about 8 inches towards the lane. My front tire hit the protruding piece of wood spinning my bike clockwise my knee hit the guardrail then rolled head over heels off the bike into the middle of the street. That one I walked away with a couple scrapes and a banged up knee. The bike had bent front rim, bent inner and outer fork tubes, brake rotors, scraped fairing front and tail, scrapes on cage.
After every incident I was back on a bike as soon as I could. The toe within two weeks, shoulder a month, Malibu next day as I had another bike.
I have been really fortunate, and have learned a lesson from each one. I still ride fast, am still a bit crazy, but I ride within my abilities and know when to back off.

·
Registered
2003 GSXR 1000, Ixil undertail exhaust, lowered footpegs, Corbin seat, carbon fiber front fender.
7 Posts
Thanks, and thanks.. I have had a total of 3 incidents while riding my gsxr. The first one I almost had 1 of my toes ripped off trading paint with the car in front of me as I was merging into the carpool lane. The foot peg on the brake side punctured my shoe as I was trading paint it was sandwiched between the peg and the car, since the car and I were traveling at different speeds it sort of rolled I guess between the two surfaces braking my middle toe, and ripping it across the bottom took 4 stitches.
2nd incident was leaving for work on a risk Monday morning as I pulled out of the drive onto the street. I knew better than to gun it on cold tires. I thought whats worst that will happen the ass will swing out... I'll just let off the throttle and get it back under control. Ya, that's not how it went at all. It came around so quick I didn't have time to correct it. The bike spun counterclockwise 90° and slammed on the ground. Since I had a death grip on the handle bar it threw me to the asphalt right on my shoulder. I tore the 3 ligaments that hold the clavicle to the shoulder. I picked my bike up, parked it at curb called a buddy to take me to the VA.
The 3rd was in Malibu canyon on a big club ride. I was riding super aggressive that day, and too fast on an unfamiliar road. Was behind a stunt bike getting anxious to pass him. When he waved me to pass I spead up took an easy left, up a little an easy right as I picked up speed came up over a little hill, then there was a hairpin left. Was in the outside lane so I braked as hard as I could as long as I could then took the left as late as I could. As I banked hard to the left I was slowly creeping closer to the guardrail. As I was about to get thru the turn the guardrail was inches from my bike, I saw something that looked like a 4x4 block of wood attached to the bottom of the guardrail support protruding about 8 inches towards the lane. My front tire hit the protruding piece of wood spinning my bike clockwise my knee hit the guardrail then rolled head over heels off the bike into the middle of the street. That one I walked away with a couple scrapes and a banged up knee. The bike had bent front rim, bent inner and outer fork tubes, brake rotors, scraped fairing front and tail, scrapes on cage.
After every incident I was back on a bike as soon as I could. The toe within two weeks, shoulder a month, Malibu next day as I had another bike.
I have been really fortunate, and have learned a lesson from each one. I still ride fast, am still a bit crazy, but I ride within my abilities and know when to back off.
Crazy 😜 your first one reminds me of a crash I had. I was coming home from work on the 10 east from Santa Monica. Splitting lanes ( it’s legal in Cali ) I’m at a point where I’m in the number 1 lane not splitting anymore driver in the number 2 lane decides to merge into my lane. My right side peg was about even with the side of her back bumper I revved but she didn’t hear or feel me and kept moving over locking my bike up with her car. She kept merging taking me toward the center divider. I thought to myself I’m going over and am going to go head first into oncoming freeway traffic so I says to myself, self let the bike go from underneath you. I did, slid for a little looked up and saw my poor bike sliding a little bit ahead of me. When we both stopped, me and the bike, car kept going. I got up grabbed the my bike and chased her down! She had no idea what happened!!!!! Thankfully I wasn’t to beat up and able to get home.😎 coolest part was a fellow gixxer rider saw the whole thing from the west bound side of the fwy turned around on the shoulder and rode back against traffic to make sure I was good! Crazy mofo😜!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crazy 😜 your first one reminds me of a crash I had. I was coming home from work on the 10 east from Santa Monica. Splitting lanes ( it’s legal in Cali ) I’m at a point where I’m in the number 1 lane not splitting anymore driver in the number 2 lane decides to merge into my lane. My right side peg was about even with the side of her back bumper I revved but she didn’t hear or feel me and kept moving over locking my bike up with her car. She kept merging taking me toward the center divider. I thought to myself I’m going over and am going to go head first into oncoming freeway traffic so I says to myself, self let the bike go from underneath you. I did, slid for a little looked up and saw my poor bike sliding a little bit ahead of me. When we both stopped, me and the bike, car kept going. I got up grabbed the my bike and chased her down! She had no idea what happened!!!!! Thankfully I wasn’t to beat up and able to get home.😎 coolest part was a fellow gixxer rider saw the whole thing from the west bound side of the fwy turned around on the shoulder and rode back against traffic to make sure I was good! Crazy mofo😜!
I'm down in bellflower/north long beach.. splitting lanes everyday. Not too far from you. Am always down to ride, and enjoy riding with 1 or 2 others. Sena's or compatible comms are a must. It's a serious game changer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm down in bellflower/north long beach.. splitting lanes everyday. Not too far from you. Am always down to ride, and enjoy riding with 1 or 2 others. Sena's or compatible comms are a must. It's a serious game changer.
My buddy rides crazy as hell. He tells my girl the other day that I ride like a boss. One of my favorite things to do when possible is to split lanes while changing fwy's in one of those long sweeping turns. Apparently the other day he saw me as I was splitting traffic coming into the intersect and about halfway thru I was passing him taking the Inside line watching him in the outside lane. As I was mid turn to about the exit point of the turn he swears my helmet was inches from the wall.. I remember the turn, because I was totally looking at him as I was passing in the turn. I don't really think it was inches from the wall, probably just appeared to be 🤔 from the angle he was looking at me from.... but who knows, maybe it was. I try to pay attention to the details, when I'm riding it's about all the little things that I can improve my skills and overall ability. I enjoy everything about riding. The euphoric coctail of absolute focus, excitement, fear, relief, to absolute calm as the dopamine floods into my brain becomes joy. Or the spike of adrenaline from the occasional feelings of sphincter clenching fear, heart pounding, million thoughts a second racing thru my mind as everything slows down around me cars doing 80+ seem to be standing still... glance at the speedo well into the triple digits, living life in the fast lane, shifting gears 1 up 5 down.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts