Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i checked the search feature and didn't find crap. didn't look that long either. :D anyway, interested in finding a mount that attaches to triple tree instead of some long flex tube mount that attaches to handlebars. plus no room for that. thanks fellas

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:headscratnothing???

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Man that's a good question. You may have to fab something. I made a mount for my stem with a perfectly sized bolt wrapped in black tape. Then purchase an iPhone mount that holds it securely. Strip off all the crap off the back of the mount and mount it to the stem bolt. You can actually drill holes in the bolt and run a screw into it through the bottom of the iPhone mount. I've kinda got the same thing setup for my RF remote for my Touch. Good luck!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I know they make mounts that slip in the hole of your steering stem for radar detectors and stuff, but they usually depend on velcro to hold the item. Maybe you could use this and then get an iPhone specific holder to velcro to the mount, so you dont have to velcro the back of your iPhone.

Why do you want a mount, are you using it as a GPS or something? I always just have my phone in my pocket lol.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i might have to pick up one of these as well, btw what the diameter of the handlebars? i would check myslf but im a work right now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well i looked threw all these and looked at my bike. I dont see how any of them would work. if somebody can post pics of theirs that would be great!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ram mounts do look like they would work pretty well. using gps/compass/way point/speed application and thought it would be cool to also be able to change songs whenever. the iPhone headset falls out of my ears when i put the helmet on, so much for using the remote. have fancy sony earbuds which sound a hell of a lot better than stock earbuds.

·
Registered
224 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.