Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a Gsxr 600 from 01-05. But i have 28 inch inseam and weigh 100 pounds. I really wont ride a bike unless i have both my feet or toes touching the ground.

I had an aprilia rs50 and had to lower it. and it rides fine. is dropping the yokes an option on the gsxr too? and i kno about the link for the rear. but those only go 3 inches? i really want it slammed. id ont care how it handles i just want a bike to ride on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I do not think there is a bolt on kit that will allow you to drop a total of 5 inches. LOL That is beyond Slammed!!! That's SCRAPING!!! ;) But you may be able to grab a set of those Adjustable Dog bones and Fabricate them, mabe drill some extra holes. I am not sure how much you could drop the front down though to match things up, plus dropping 5 inches, the rear shock may have to get fabricated as well, because that shock has minimal adjustiablilty of about 2.5 to 3" at the most.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
three inches should be more than enough also lowering the front as well.
Diffrent bikes have different heights.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
you can drop the front triple clamps on the fork tubes, don't think your going to be able to get 5 inches of a drop.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I don't think 5 inches is going to be possible unless you go with almost no suspension like a drag bike.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
talking about lower it 3 inchs, and shave off the seat, maybe completely. Saw someone do a custom seat where it was.....pretty much no seat. This was on gixxer.com for a really small girl. I forgot how tall she was.....i think she was like 4'10. But she was tiny.

Just curious man, how tall are you? Cause i'm about a 28-30 inseam. I wear 32 inseam but my pants drag on the ground.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
Cody said:
whats the deal with the exhaust on that aprilla and you called it a rs50 so is it a 50cc sportbike????
2 stroke, its a mini bike pretty much, well its a small bike, but not small like a mini or pocketbike..... i think its the size of a NSR50 dream from honda.

Single cylinder, 2 stroke motor, and yup 50ccs. Not street legal in some states. I know its not in cali cause no 2stroke motor are street legal in cali.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can I ask a personal question? How old are you? How tall are you? I have a 32-33 inch inseam and ride a stock 1k fine. I think you should lower it 1.5 inches and deal with it. It won't change the ride too much. Answer my questions and I can help you a little more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZGixxeR said:
Can I ask a personal question? How old are you? How tall are you? I have a 32-33 inch inseam and ride a stock 1k fine. I think you should lower it 1.5 inches and deal with it. It won't change the ride too much. Answer my questions and I can help you a little more.
im 5'3, 20 years old, 28 inch inseam. weight 110. im very tiny man. here a pic of my playing poker. that how i can afford a bike now =). I really dont care how it ride. many of my friend told me to get a r6 and lower it. but i really like the look of a gsxr. ill get a dog bone and lower it 3 inch and drop the front thru the yokes. and shave the seat. will my 2 feet touch the ground?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Yes you can fit the bike I am sure of it also when you get the bike you will need to get the adjustable kickstand or have the one cut for you as well

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
BallHawk3 said:
2 stroke, its a mini bike pretty much, well its a small bike, but not small like a mini or pocketbike..... i think its the size of a NSR50 dream from honda.

Single cylinder, 2 stroke motor, and yup 50ccs. Not street legal in some states. I know its not in cali cause no 2stroke motor are street legal in cali.
Its a little smaller than a normal sport bike but much larger than a NSR50. I've ridden them, they are fun, we couldn't get it to do over 80 though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok so... I am not sure where we are at with this but I am 5'1 and a 1/2!! I lowered my 600 both in the front and had doggie bones! Not only can I touch both feet but even when the big guys ride, it handles like a champ! hope that helps

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
friend of mine has an 04 600 has it lowered 2 inches and it is fine for her , she is about 5' 100lbs , her boyfriend is 6'2 230lbs and he rides it fine without bottoming out so you should be fine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.