Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! What about a same year 750?

I'm restricted to 600cc's and have a restrictor on the intake, so I'm trying to think of possible ways to get more air into it. I'm not all that familiar with these engines, so thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
Don't polish and if so just the exhaust side.
if you can find spare motor maybe (if money permitting) getting your crank balanced and knifed to make it pick up quicker. You may want to check on the newer generation heads as they may help you out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the input! I'm trying to learn as much about these motors as quick as possible.

Audi, we do have a spare motor which I've started playing around with. We're currently running the intake cam from the spare motor as the exhaust cam on the running motor and that has seemed to help out a little. I did some more research and found that the 2004 600 has slightly bigger valves, which might help. Do you have any idea if that will bolt-up to the '01 block? I'm also looking around for a cam that just lengthens the duration and doesn't change the lift, but I can only find cams for the 750 and 1000. Any sites that you recommend to look at to maybe find some?

Again, thanks for your guys help! :)

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
I am not sure but you can more than likely check with GSXRzone.com or contact me personally i will give you a person that does real good with power. can you deck the head or is that a violation? (its only cheating if you is caught.) this was something i have learned or heard thru the circle world

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We removed 1 layer of the 3 layer headgasket, which bumped the compression up to about 12.5. We can do anything we want to the motor as long as it's displacement is under 610cc and it has to breath through a 20mm restrictor. Anything else is fair game. Thanks for the help and I'll send you a PM in a minute.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
brandonlyons1 said:
turbo it!
I wouldn't think that would be a good ideal going into the first turn or second turn hahaha besides he would look like a kangaroo bouncing all over the track

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
yeah even at low psi the front just doesnt wanna stay down with a turbo...after half-way thru the rpms it'd come right up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
usdm420 said:
yeah even at low psi the front just doesnt wanna stay down with a turbo...after half-way thru the rpms it'd come right up
lol I guess I should have told you guys what this is for.... it's for an FSAE car HERE is a picture of the one we're building right now. HERE is a picture of the same frame and you can see last years car in the background.

:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.