Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is my clutch slipping

whats it feel like when your clutch slips. on the ride home from work today in first gear it felt like i was hitting 10k or 12k a lot faster and felt like there was less power.im tired and could be just an off day what do you guys think. im going to adjust it per manual and see what happens.

·
Registered
552 Posts
If it feels like the engine is not directly connected to what your rear wheel is doing, then your clutch is slipping. The clutch basically connects the engine and transmission. So if it feels like the engine is reving but your acceleration is not matching the acceleration of the engine, then its probably slipping. We cant really tell you one way or the other. Youll have to decide for yourself.

When you adjust your clutch lever make sure it has a tiney slack before it starts pulling on the cable. That way you know the lever isnt to tight and not pulling your clutch when the lever is in the 100% released position.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it feels like the engine is not directly connected to what your rear wheel is doing, then your clutch is slipping. The clutch basically connects the engine and transmission. So if it feels like the engine is reving but your acceleration is not matching the acceleration of the engine, then its probably slipping. We cant really tell you one way or the other. Youll have to decide for yourself.

When you adjust your clutch lever make sure it has a tiney slack before it starts pulling on the cable. That way you know the lever isnt to tight and not pulling your clutch when the lever is in the 100% released position.
i see your from buffalo. so am i can you recommend any good shops

·
Registered
552 Posts
Lol, I think id fall out of my chair if I ever met someone from Buffalo, Wy on here. Population is like 4500 people where I live lol!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
Lol, I think id fall out of my chair if I ever met someone from Buffalo, Wy on here. Population is like 4500 people where I live lol!
ever here of Rough Company Extreme Riders Club. WYOMING?

http://Roughcompany.com

to the O/P adjust it @ the lever first. like said leave some play or it will be slightly engaged the whole time then you will burn it up. i thought mine was doing it too but ended up being cold tires just spining a lil bit when i get on her hard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.