Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full yosh rs-3 and I'm going to put a K&N air filter on there and I was wondering if I would need to get a PC3 to even out the mixture. I know that it would probably help get a little more performance out of it but will it hurt my engine and stuff if I leave it how it is?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Got2josh said:
I have a full yosh rs-3 and I'm going to put a K&N air filter on there and I was wondering if I would need to get a PC3 to even out the mixture. I know that it would probably help get a little more performance out of it but will it hurt my engine and stuff if I leave it how it is?
It won't hurt your engine, but it makes it rather pointless in spending the money on the full yosh and the K&N if you don't map it. Your not going to gain much without it being mapped right.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It PROBABLY wont hurt the motor. but it CAN.

If for some reason the bike is running VERY lean, it can lead to detonation, which can burn a hole in the piston, or damage crank rod bearings.

It probably wont, but wrap your mind around this.............

You have a bike for a HOBBY right.
You dont HAVE to have one right.
Why would you want to half ass something you are doing for FUN?

If your gonna do it, do it right. Save your money and get a Power commander and a custom map for it.

If ya cant afford it, save up.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, good point. Actually, the bike is going to be my main mode of transportation once I go to school in NC in the fall, as well as over the summer once it gets warm enough, but ya, I'm def going to look into getting one

·
Registered
310 Posts
get one

I definitely get one, but make sure you have it mapped and mapped correctly to what you have done. That is the key to it. Me and a friend had almost indentical 750's and he added a power commander to his and started stomping the crap out of me in middle gears and it was a bitch to keep up with him at the top gears after that. That's my next performance upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got rid of a PC and got a TEKA tune instead. Much better than a PC as it's set up properly on a dyno for all throttle positions. I would definately recommend it. The K5 600 wheelies off the throttle in 2nd on standard gearing. Didn't bother with a TRE either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jimbo600 said:
I got rid of a PC and got a TEKA tune instead. Much better than a PC as it's set up properly on a dyno for all throttle positions. I would definately recommend it. The K5 600 wheelies off the throttle in 2nd on standard gearing. Didn't bother with a TRE either.
And a PC is not tuned at all throttle positions? The graphs in the software show both RPM & throttle position. Mabe I'm wrong but I dont think so...
:hmmm:

·
Registered
4 Posts
02_1_Liter said:
And a PC is not tuned at all throttle positions? The graphs in the software show both RPM & throttle position. Mabe I'm wrong but I dont think so...
:hmmm:
It is if set up properly but must people just download maps from the internerd. The TEKA tune plugs into the stock ecm and is extremely adjustable but it has to be set up by a guy who knows what he's doing. Good thing about a teka is that it's very small so you can take it with you and make fine adjustments as you go, if you mess it up you can just go back to what you had before. No need to plug in a laptop. The best thing for me was the fact that I won a TEKA setup in at a local bike shop so it was free. But I did get one for my K3 750 also.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
No matter what kind of aftermarket exhaust/airfilter you have on your bike, either a PC3 or a TEKA can help you to optimize the performance capabilities of your bike...basically, your bike has a lot of untapped potential, and these FI reprogrammers help you to put that power where you are going to need it...

I personally use my bike as a daily driver in the summer...so I wanted to map my PC3 for optimum high-gear roll on power, and fuel economy, but on the weekends I hit the twisties, so I got a second map made for 2nd and 3rd gear power...basically just opened up the range of the power band...beefing up the midrange...

I prefer the PC3USB personally, but really, the main difference between the two of them is personal need. I like to have multiple maps availible, but I have all of my maps for my power commander loaded on my hand-held PC/cell phone, so I can reprog. the power commander whenever I want...the TEKA lets you store 3 if I am not mistaken...

·
Registered
67 Posts
No matter what kind of aftermarket exhaust/airfilter you have on your bike, either a PC3 or a TEKA can help you to optimize the performance capabilities of your bike...basically, your bike has a lot of untapped potential, and these FI reprogrammers help you to put that power where you are going to need it...

I personally use my bike as a daily driver in the summer...so I wanted to map my PC3 for optimum high-gear roll on power, and fuel economy, but on the weekends I hit the twisties, so I got a second map made for 2nd and 3rd gear power...basically just opened up the range of the power band...beefing up the midrange...

I prefer the PC3USB personally, but really, the main difference between the two of them is personal need. I like to have multiple maps availible, but I have all of my maps for my power commander loaded on my hand-held PC/cell phone, so I can reprog. the power commander whenever I want...the TEKA lets you store 3 if I am not mistaken...
with a slip on exhuast, is there a noticable difference in power or better throttle response, have a 06 1k. had full system and pc on my cbr1k, big difference, but with slip on am i wasting money on a pc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It PROBABLY wont hurt the motor. but it CAN.

If for some reason the bike is running VERY lean, it can lead to detonation, which can burn a hole in the piston, or damage crank rod bearings.

It probably wont, but wrap your mind around this.............

You have a bike for a HOBBY right.
You dont HAVE to have one right.
Why would you want to half ass something you are doing for FUN?

If your gonna do it, do it right. Save your money and get a Power commander and a custom map for it.

If ya cant afford it, save up.
my thoughts exactly!!!....nuff said.

·
Pro Racer
1,834 Posts
The PC over powers the Teka SFI by a long run. There is no question about it! ZERO!

·
Pro Racer
1,834 Posts
is the stock ecm able to be reprogrammed, or do I have to buy an aftermarket ignition to change my air/fuel mix?
You can have the ECU programmed with a Teka SFI but it isn't able to be tuned as well as a power commander. You change fuel to change the air/fuel mix.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.