Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning my sister was looking at my helmet and she droped it. it looks fine but some one told me that if they are droped they are no good any more. cause they are only meant to handle 1 impact. i could understand if i was riding and laid it overand hit my head on the road. but just droping it ?? :headscrat

·
Registered
58 Posts
gixxer/sixxer said:
this morning my sister was looking at my helmet and she droped it. it looks fine but some one told me that if they are droped they are no good any more. cause they are only meant to handle 1 impact. i could understand if i was riding and laid it overand hit my head on the road. but just droping it ?? :headscrat
frum how high??? there should be somwhere you can test it at around there. Shoei is a few miles away frum me and a few shops around here check helmets... dont ask how :headscrat

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
how they check the helmets is thgey xray them for cracks. your helmet should be fine though cause I had lowsided on my bike and my helmet was just fine afterwards. im willin to bet that just droppin will not be enough of an impact to put any crakcs or anything to your helmet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she dropped it from about 3ft. and its a hjc ac11 i am sure it is ok i was jus wondering cause i am a newbie and counting the days until i screw up and lay it over or something i made it to day 8 :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
It should be fine. They test it to see if any of the internal foam is cracked. I low-sided on mine at about 60mph and didn't do much more than a few cosmetic scratches. I think it would take a lot farther drop and harder impact to do any internal damage.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i've got the same helmet and it's fallen off my mirror atleast 10 times, don't sweat it there isn't anything wrong with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts