Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought a 98 srad 600 and have been riding it problem free for about a month and a half(michigan is still cold) well i had a 70 degree day last week and thought id take my girl to the beach in south haven, i have never seen my bike get over 180 on the temp gauge only once when i let it sit idling to make sure my fan switch was working when i bought it, but due to the long lights, and hot weather i seen it reach 233 and that seems to be to hot i thought it cooled down once i got moving but, i rode about 3 miles at 70 before it went down to 180 again is this normal operation for this bike, am i just a paranoid noob? please help anyone with experiance or knowledge thank you

·
Registered
582 Posts
my fan kicks on at 225ish.... then sometimes it does take a few minutes of cooler air to bring it back down to the 176-178 it normally runs at... but I think its fine..
for peice of mind, maybe do a coolant flush and refill.... I'm paranoid about that stuff too because I just dont have the money for a complete rebuild.... better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks rican havok makes me feel better knowing its seems to be normal, i also dont have the money to rebuild any part of my bike, and ill post some pics later of my girl for yall she's hot but, not too hot for red96, and some of my bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts