Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woke up to the new that an off duty niagara regional cop had been killed on his bike this morning while coming home from work. it wasnt till a few hours later that they released the name. early speculation is the woman was in his lane as she crested the hill where she hit him. what a shitty way to go. rip brother

http://globalnews.ca/news/1498766/opp-investigating-fatal-crash-in-welland/

·
SuperMod of the North
25,204 Posts
Damn. This one is only abut 10 or 12 miles from my place. Shakes you up a bit extra when it is a road you ride frequently. Rest In Peace Joe. My thoughts & prayers to family and friends.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, it sucks for sure. i hate seeing bikers in general get hurt but its so much worse when its someone you know

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Sorry man. Thoughts are with you and his family.

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
wow thats sad man
wonder if the girl will make it to tell her side of the story

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys

shes stable and i dont see her having an issue pulling through. it was 5 am and she was in his lane, so her side of the story will probably be, i fell asleep while driving. the spot she hit him is right where the road comes over a crest so she was in his lane and they met just as she came over it. not much he could really do in that situation

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so my inside sources tell me this twat was driving down the oncoming traffic lane for a bit of time. its a highway thats single lane in either direction and she must have not known it was two way, not like there arent signs and stuff and the solid lines should have been a good indicator. what an idiot

·
Registered
294 Posts
She needs to go to jail for this. A life for a life. Terrible accident, my father was almost killed in the 80's while cresting a hill that looked identical to this one while a drunk driver was in his lane. His friends face is permanently scarred (passenger).

·
Administrator
1,000,000,265 Posts
rip, sorry for your lost.

·
Mistress of Moderation
4,690 Posts
So sad to hear news like this.

I fell asleep while driving once and only hurt myself. It's been over 20 years and I still shudder to think what might have happened if I'd drifted across the yellow and hit someone else. My guess is that she will never be the same when she learns what she did, as his family will never be the same. Our lives change in an instant. I hope for peace for all who have been affected.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well yesterday was the viewing. i ended up going early to try and sneak in before the crowds rushed in there. i managed to get in behind 20 or 30 people and as i made my way in i was looking at the pictures, the sad music playing in the background, the tv had several hundred pictures of him on there just cycling through. and it was an open casket service. i gotta tell you it was hard walking past it. seeing my friend laying there lifeless and waxy. it was a choking walk for sure. and then as i got to the family it was just a total break down. they were great though and we talked for a little bit, told a couple stories about him and i was on my way. stuff like this makes me want to stop street riding altogether and this event almost made me stop. i guess we'll see what next year brings, im starting to race next year so if that takes off and i do well ill probably put the street stuff on the back burner for a while

1 - 20 of 24 Posts