Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what jackets are recommend? or prefered? something for protection yet will be pretty cool and not hot during summers and all....right now im looking at Gericke® Aero-X leather mesh or a FirstGear Trekker Leather-Tex jacket, would appreciate some opinions on these or some recommendations thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am not in to the name brand , cost to much. i got my new jacket off ebay for like 115, all leather with the extra pading in the back and elbo area.

High grade leather, removeable liner for summer full lenght down the sleeves realy nice pockets vents ex love it and half the price but its realy all in what you wont

This is the helmet i got from another store on ebay hjc tattoo 95.00, you can not beet ebay

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jacket

i thought about looking on ebay but havent found ones i would like, but these jacekts are going for $115 and 165, on a website i found, its some closeout deals, i think both retail for little over 300 or so, just not really sure about the brands rep.

·
Registered
367 Posts
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am not in to those gloves to much they are to big and bulky for me , i am just ride street and would love to get in to some track day type stuff but live in south tx and do not know of a track , i usualy ride with mechanics gloves like you get at a parts store. leather palms and vented tops . they are better form fitted to my hand i do not feal like i am restricted you know

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I've got an Alpinstars Venom Jacket for the colder times/or when riding harder.
And for the summer I've got the Icon Ti-Max Mesh jacket to stay cool but still have decent protection.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
H2447INTX said:
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am not in to those gloves to much they are to big and bulky for me , i am just ride street and would love to get in to some track day type stuff but live in south tx and do not know of a track , i usualy ride with mechanics gloves like you get at a parts store. leather palms and vented tops . they are better form fitted to my hand i do not feal like i am restricted you know
yeah if not for the fact they were free, i would not have these gloves. when i took the motorcycle saftey course i used a pair of franklin batting gloves and they worked great.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Icon Ti-Max Mesh jacket

i was shopping up in colubmus at irony pony and saw the Icon Ti-Max Mesh jacket for about 225. and looked for it on ebay and i think its going for about 165, i like the feel for that jacket but seems like it would be little too cool for some riding at night or when weather gets around 50s or so, the firstgear trekker i tried that on and it seems too bulky and heavy so right now im b/w the Icon Ti-Max Mesh jacket or Gericke Aero-X leather mesh not sure which one would be better, both offer good protection,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.