Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. I just bought and installed the Jardine GP1.

Cheap and easy.

The sound is very loud, but it is a toned loud, so it sounds great imho.

I definitely recommend this exhaust for a small budget or temporary to get rid of the big ugly K8 exhaust.

I installed this until I can decide on a full system and can commit to the full system and power commander.

:thumbup:

· Registered
244 Posts
Your are right it is a very nice cheap and effective way to get rid of that nasty muffler they stuck on the 08/09. It is a much better sound then most Slash Cut Mega Phone style S/O. I too have a K8600 but I hacked my cat off and put on the 06/07 GP1..I dont see the need to buy a full system if you are a street rider like me...

· Registered
159 Posts
Yeah when I pulled the stocker off I couldn't believe how freakin' heavy it was, especially compared to the Jardine.

Thanks for the review Crafty.

haha yeah for sure. i showed my buddy cause he still has the stocker on...i was like okay feel mine stocker and now feel this...hes like WTF? :headscrat damn thats alot of weight...lomo2surf - get rid of that thing :infrandom

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha yeah for sure. i showed my buddy cause he still has the stocker on...i was like okay feel mine stocker and now feel this...hes like WTF? :headscrat damn thats alot of weight...lomo2surf - get rid of that thing :infrandom
Haha no kidding. When I got back on the bike, I almost tipped over because of the weight diff. :laughingr

· Registered
267 Posts
Your are right it is a very nice cheap and effective way to get rid of that nasty muffler they stuck on the 08/09. It is a much better sound then most Slash Cut Mega Phone style S/O. I too have a K8600 but I hacked my cat off and put on the 06/07 GP1..I dont see the need to buy a full system if you are a street rider like me...
How much of an issue is it to cut off the cat? and is the 06/07 Jardine as loud as "slip-on" on the cat for the 08/09?

· Registered
244 Posts
How much of an issue is it to cut off the cat? and is the 06/07 Jardine as loud as "slip-on" on the cat for the 08/09?
It was a piece of cake with the right tools. I used a SawZaw to cut the pipe right on the weld of the cat and the pipe. It's just alittle past the SET Vavle. Once that was done. I grinded it smooth. (cleaned up the cut). I then placed Muffler Sealant ( like less than $5 at a parts store) on the S/O and the pipe. It slipped on perfect and mounted just fine.
As far as what it sounds like, I could only tell you it sounds the same as it does when it is on a 06/07. Go to youtube and do a search. I am sure you will find both for 06/07 and 08/09

· Registered
250 Posts
I also have this exhaust for my k7. It is loud but comes with an optional "silencer" which I have never used. It is not too loud for me but some people I ride with do not like to ride on my right and behind me.

· Registered
256 Posts
It was a piece of cake with the right tools. I used a SawZaw to cut the pipe right on the weld of the cat and the pipe. It's just alittle past the SET Vavle. Once that was done. I grinded it smooth. (cleaned up the cut). I then placed Muffler Sealant ( like less than $5 at a parts store) on the S/O and the pipe. It slipped on perfect and mounted just fine.
As far as what it sounds like, I could only tell you it sounds the same as it does when it is on a 06/07. Go to youtube and do a search. I am sure you will find both for 06/07 and 08/09
If the slash cut sounds just like it does on the 06/07, that's extra loud. I had a hotbodies slash cut on my 07 and I had to take it off after about a month. My ears were about to fall off...

· Registered
250 Posts
ya k6 k7 super easy job ..... bt its loud
i wnt bk 2 stock right ear cudnt take it ..... bt i hate ear plugs
did you try putting the "silencer" in before you removed it? It comes with a optional silencer, never used it, its not that loud with helmet on.

· Registered
35 Posts
yup ......
seems the stock sound is deep and somewhere below the bike
the gp1 sound is higher pitched even wth the plug and comes fm high right ....

dont gt me wrong i think the gp1 is sweet lookin...saves a ton of weight ... priced rite.....

some of my bike days go fm sun up to sun down .... ill fill up 3 or 4 times .....and thats a long time to listen to a loud pipe all n my right ear ....ha i need a tourning bike NEVER

· Registered
8 Posts
I also installed it on my k9 750. love the sound and sheer look of it. But the only thing that I didn't like was that they put a heat shield around the cat unlike the k8 .so I had to cut part of the heat shield off so the bracket that mounts on to the rear set didn't interfere. but other than that. Awesome:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.