Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran from cops in Oregon and slammed into a truck and died. I don't know the guy just saw it on the news.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Then stop running and they will stop chasing.....
agreed... he had other warrants , so he didnt wanna get arrested so he ran he chose it. cops just doing his job

·
Registered
364 Posts
agreed... he had other warrants , so he didnt wanna get arrested so he ran he chose it. cops just doing his job
They could've went to his house and waited for him instead of chasing, but now they don't have to worry about him anymore.

Rip....

·
rotaredom
888,895,580 Posts
McMINNVILLE, Ore. -- A motorcyclist who would not stop when police tried to pull him over crashed into a pickup truck and died early Tuesday morning, officers said.

Jason Buck had been wanted on three outstanding warrants when at about 12:45 a.m., police attempted to stop him for speeding on Baker Street, near Keck Drive.
KGW also learned Buck was the son of former Milwaukie Police officer Cheryl Dornon.
Dornon gained media attention back in 1999, when her husband, Buck's step-father was shot and killed by a burglar inside their Milwaukie home.
Buck continued north and entered a residential neighborhood. Within minutes, Buck crashed into the driver’s side of a westbound Chevy pickup at the intersection of 8th and Davis Streets, said Captain Dennis Marks with McMinnville Police Department.

The pickup careened into the side of a home on NE 8th Street, where Jo Anne Winans was asleep inside.
RAW VIDEO: Police dashcam chase
"I'm the one that made the comment, 'You see these things on TV.' Well, we seen it for real and it was terrible and it was pretty horrific," Winans said.

Buck, 29, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Pickup driver Monty Minton was transported to Willamette Valley Medical Center with leg injuries.

The pickup passenger, Michael Ernest Cabana, was not injured. No one inside the home was injured, either.

Police photo
Jason Buck

"Our house is destroyed inside and I feel sorry for the gentleman who got the broken leg..." Winans said.

Buck had three probation violation warrants for his arrest, according to Marks. Buck was also wanted for a past incident during which he ran from police

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think running from the cops, and anyone who promotes or condones it is stupid... You're putting other peoples lives in danger as well as your own. I feel more sorry for the guys mother... Lost her husband, and now her son...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm his mom

I think running from the cops, and anyone who promotes or condones it is stupid... You're putting other peoples lives in danger as well as your own. I feel more sorry for the guys mother... Lost her husband, and now her son...
I just came across this site by accident. I don't understand why people feel the need to comment on things or people they don't know and judge. But I would like to tell you all that the so called warrants were because he couldn't make payments to the probation office not because of anything new he had done. They were very old and the reason he could not pay was he had broke his neck in three places a year before his death. Social Security deined him because he made the statement to them that he wanted to work and get on with his life. He ran because he new his PO put the warrants out and going to jail was a death sentence. One hit to his head or jaw was instant death. In case you haven't been in jail you fight to survive and get people to leave you alone.

What the media did not say and neither are the police is how obserdly long this chase went on. They should have stopped when this went into the residential area and did not. This could have been prevented. This is why they have the training and education to know because the other side won't make the best choice most of the time. Jason also had a baby boy on the way who is right now calling me from his crib and will never know the wonderful person his daddy was. Here is a small picture of my son. He would help anyone anytime and anyplace. He had a heart as big as this earth. He did give his shirt off his back to a total stranger one night. He walked for miles to help some people who ran out of gas, brought them back the gas and wouldn't take any money for it. He was a wonderful son, father, brother and friend to so many. The church where we had his funeral seated 400 and was packed.

Yes he made a bad choice to earn money to feed his son when he was out of work and got caught, actually set up by a so called friend who sold him out to the police to make a deal so he wouldn't go to jail. I would say he paid dearly for it. It's too bad people feel the need to post on here or anywhere about people they don't know anything about I wish I had that kind of time. Baby Jason is crying so that's all. I hope you all think before hitting the key board in a judgemental way to be glad it wasn't you and that everyone wasn't talking about you when your not alive to defend yourself. And if nothing else think about how disturbing it is to loved ones who come across this and read it. I hope none of you ever suffer the pain that never ends when those you love die. At least the person I replied to had the decency to feel sorry for those of us who have suffered the loss, it's something that changes your life forever.

In loving memory of my giving, loving son, Jason.

·
Registered
654 Posts
R.I.P and stay strong Jason's Mom..............Sad, never judge a book by it's cover because no one is perfect, chase should have been called off, police put people at danger also, but Cops do what they want anyways, it's a Mad World I tell ya!:headshake

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rip

I know I'm late for this reply but I didn't know this site existed.
I very personally knew Jason Buck. We were bathe in muddpuddle's kinda kids. Grew up in a small town where his Mom was the local PD. Moved 7 miles away when he grew up. We used to jump on our 2 strokes (3 are legal correct :lol:) and hope we could make it away before they saw our face or recognized our bikes. If so they would be sitting at our house waiting for us. Small town. Yes he left from a bar, yes he tried to outrun them. He had warrants which he was still appearing in court for. He was a good guy and RIP. What sickened me is seeing a different video from a closer car in our local paper's website. Seeing someone you love fold into a truck, kudo's for our local paper I haven't cried that hard in my life.
Sorry to vent and join the site just for this but I felt like this was important.
NINanya

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jason's Mom

I didn't see your post till after I posted. We were all blessed by knowing and loving your Son(s) Thank you for setting the record straight.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts