Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is allowed here, but I couldn't find any policy stating otherwise. Of course this is only my opinion and not that of anybody administrating or owning this site.

Anyway, I sent this guy about $300 for a Debil header and he sent me a stock GSXR header. It is bashed in on the bottom so badly that they had to use a torch to cut it from the rest of the pipe. This is evident by the torch gouges and hole in it. Trust me, I've been welding for a living for 18 years and I know what happened.

So I email him and get no reply. I call and leave voicemail and still get no answer or reply.

He had a full Devil system on ebay recently, and it didn't sell, so I wanted the header only....so look out for him to sell the can... which will be chewed up from a torch. Most likely he'd not tell you about it being messed up.

The name he gave in the email was Jason Sicklebaugh. The paypal account is named Jeanie Branstutter, and the email...well, it's above. So far, paypal is rejecting my claim since I did recieve something. I guess if you buy a Corvette and they deliver a Corsica, it's ok with paypal. I guess I'll be filing with the Better Business Bureau again...

·
Banned
49 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me with a computer. Your not gonna get anywhere because its under 500.00. Did you pay with a credit card? If so visa and Mc have a internet protection on them check into it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, my Paypal account is set up with a debit card....which works through the visa network. Wonder if that qualifies.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He replied once with the typical scammer's "I don't know why you're upset" garbage.

I guess I should be happy getting a stock header that's beat up and has holes in it...when I paid for a good condition Devil header.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont deal with this loser!!

I now get an email threat from him calling me names and talking about knocking teeth out, etc.... I guess he thinks that if I come looking for him that he's really going to see me first...or at all.

BTW, this guy is a frequent customer of Maximum Performance in Toledo Ohio. I talked to the guys there about this. It seems they took the exhaust off the bike, but they didn't know for sure that it was a Devil header.

I have talked to the guys at Devil and they said that all their headers say their name on them, and have serial numbers. Also, they are not fully welded or titanium, as the one I recieved was.

And still, this idiot swears he sent me a Devil header...

What the hell, here's his email quoted for you:
"i dont need to look at any auction,and as far as you trashing me go right ahead you fucking worthless ******* and if you feel like stopping by be my guest because ill knock the rest of your god damn teeth out.I SENT YOU WHAT I HAD WICH WAS A DEVIL HEADER. yes it had a few dents underneath but i didnt know till it was off and being cut because you didnt want the whole fucking thing like i was selling it.i have never had any bad feedback on ebay before so you dont really scare me.go to hell"

To address his issues, I replied in one of my emails:
"Hopefully you can understand why I'm upset. I will admit that I was a bit ticked off when you accepted a deposit on 8-29-04, then two days later on 9-31-04 you said, "I need this to be paid in full by Friday, Sept 6th. Otherwise I will have to relist it on ebay with a loss of your deposit." Honestly, I felt this was rather rude that you didn't set any deadline until you recieved the deposit, but I figured I'd not say anything about it. I went ahead and paid.

Your ebay ad states, "Excellent condition....no dings, dents or scratches." Simply put, this is a stock GSXR header, which not only has a hole in it from cutting it off, but it is bashed in on the bottom pretty badly. This thing's not worth $25, and I paid far more than that.

I have tried to email you and got no reply. I tried to call you and got no answer. I tried leaving a message and still got no reply. I don't know what else I could have done but to file a complaint with Paypal.

You stated in your email below, speaking of cutting it off the rest of the exhaust: "You knew what I had to do before I sent it." Actually, this is not true because your email sent to me on 9-14-04 said this: "Sorry for the delay in getting the header but I had to cut the pipe off because it was one piece. IT DIDN'T DO ANY DAMAGE TO THE HEADER but I've now screwed myself out of 275.00 by damaging the pipe. IT WAS SHIPPED OUT TODAY..."

So in fact, you didn't notify me of your even having to cut it off until after you shipped it...and you said it wasn't damaged.

I don't know if you got ripped off on this and you thought this was a Devil header, but it is not. It's beat up, has a hole in it, and is not worth even shipping money."
-------------------------------------
So, as you can see, this idiot ripped me off and doesn't seem to even care. I'd HIGHLY reccomend that people not deal with this guy. If you are even tempted to, or have any interaction with him and he denies any of this, let me know and I'll forward emails, pics and whatever I need to. I keep all info on people that scam me.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed pics to Devil. They didn't know I had already bought the header, but here's there reply:
Hi, That is the stock header as all aftermarket exhaust systems come in pieces and are put together with springs or clamps.
He attempted to dupe you there.
Thank you ,Rob

DEVIL BIKES
TEL (732) 254-3008
FAX (732) 254-2682
www.devilbikes.com

----------
OFFICIAL word is that Jason's a lying bitch!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
contact www.trollhunters.com they have helped a lot of people out whom have been scammed through internet deals. They not only have gotten the people to pay up but have actaully gone as far and had some people prosecuted for internet fraud

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I'll see what happens. The site didn't seem to explain much, but it can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
980 Posts
dude--thats probably not even his real name, so now every time you comment on anything or just want to say anything your gonna check to see how your posting looks and be reminded of some jason guy.
send in your problem to paypal if they have paypal they have a bank account linked to paypal----which then paypal will just take the money out of his account untill the matter comes to an end!

·
Registered
600 Posts
also, if you can, purchase everything online with a card with internet protection. I use my amex card for this and have yet to have any problems. They offer 100% satifaction or they'll give you your money back.

What your CC company is/should tell you to do is, mail the header back to him with tracking (IE fedex or UPS) and if he doesnt send you the cash back they will go afte rhim..

Make sure they tell you to do this and get names/dates/times from everyone you talk to.

Troll hunters are pretty decent about nailing some of these frauds. Good luck

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whtthundysc said:
dude--thats probably not even his real name, so now every time you comment on anything or just want to say anything your gonna check to see how your posting looks and be reminded of some jason guy.
send in your problem to paypal if they have paypal they have a bank account linked to paypal----which then paypal will just take the money out of his account untill the matter comes to an end!
You can always tell the guys that havn't dealt with problems through paypal before, cause they are the ones that think paypal will help you out and it's no big deal. FACT is that if you bought a Corvette on ebay and the seller ships you a Chevette, they will not do anything at all!!! I was told this by a paypal representative on the phone. As they see it, the item recieved was "not as described." As I see it, if you purchase a Corvette and are shipped a Chevette, the item you bought was not shipped or recieved.

It is his real name. I feel confident that I can believe the police and other sources I have talked to about this situation. Supposedly, he did this transaction through Jeannie Branstutter's account. I guess it's a friend that let him do this. I found his address, know where he works and know where he hangs out. I don't think all these sources could be mistaken about his name also.

bigjimbo said:
also, if you can, purchase everything online with a card with internet protection. I use my amex card for this and have yet to have any problems. They offer 100% satifaction or they'll give you your money back.
Live and learn...I had my paypal acct set up through my checking account. I have since changed it to a debit card which uses the VISA network just like a credit card.

bigjimbo said:
What your CC company is/should tell you to do is, mail the header back to him with tracking (IE fedex or UPS) and if he doesnt send you the cash back they will go afte rhim..
I offered to send him the header back, but I'm sure not going to foot the bill for that too.

The only chance of my getting my money back will be one day when I meet him face to face. I hope he has cash on him at the time. :bringiton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts