Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I already searched the ol herky jerky and I think I know how to fix the solution. My reason to post is because I have had my k6 600 for about 1.5 months and it seems like the jerk is worse sometimes and sometimes it's not noticeable. Anyone think its worth it to do the fix or just let it be? Thanks all:D

·
Registered
612 Posts
What's this jerking? Plant index and bird finger on front brake lever to stabilize your hand so that inputs are smoother over bumps? I kind of find it hard to think of a 600 having a jerk to it. Is it the cable sticking with intermitent slack causing faster rises in acceleration inputs? You gotta realize in higher rpms things are touchy. Study the power curve and know whats going on around the fast rises in hp and torque and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah whats the jerking? are you talking about the on/off feel the throttle has when its not warmed up? i just got used to it if thats what your talking about. my gsxr sure does have a touchy throttle though.......... much more than my other bikes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
maybe i missed something but, if its happening with the throttle learn to roll it on and off gsxr from my experiance are rather touchy, if its during slow rides threw town its prolly just chain chucking which i believe is common, hopefully this helps ya.

·
Registered
376 Posts
if you mean a clunk when going from a coast to accel, it could be anything from loose sprocket,worn cush drive,loose chain to internal drive gear clash. narrow it down by checking the obvious first. my k7 1000 seems to do it as well as most of the k7 600's and 750's around here. pretty sure its just a charictoristic of these models though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe i missed something but, if its happening with the throttle learn to roll it on and off gsxr from my experiance are rather touchy, if its during slow rides threw town its prolly just chain chucking which i believe is common, hopefully this helps ya.
yeah thats what im talking about like cruisin around in town. i guess it just takes some gettin used to, its alot touchier than the yamaha that i had. thanks for all the input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts