Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done jetting my 2000 Suzuki Gsxr 600 and it keeps dying when trying to go from a dead stop...The jet kit is stage one dynojet.....I already tried to adjust the mixture screw and any way I go its not getting any better...Help please....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
how does it run other than that is it runnin bad are you blowin out black smoke or not. what other mods do you have. and it just dies when your takin off from a dead stop. are you sure your letting out on the clutch too soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a yoshi rs3 and a K&N. If I rev it to about 4000rpm it is fine. But if I try to rev it to 2500 or so is just chugs and then when you pull in the clutch it dies. Other than that is it runnig good after that, no smoke or anything. thanks.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the same problem, EXACTLY!! Same year, same can, Dynojet stage I, and K&N. I put the e-clips on the third notch....where are yours? I have to rev mine to 25-3k or it will take a $hit. I notice some black smoke. It's running rich on the lower rpm which is controlled by the needle jets. I originally had them on the 2nd notch, but it sputtered badly and lacked oooommph. When I went down a notch, it's too rich. I know they make half step spacers that go inide the diaphram but I don't think a half step would make that big of a difference. Am I wrong?? Also, does anyone think synchin' the carbs would help?? Thanx folks. :bowdown: :hammer:

·
Registered
258 Posts
jetting

well guys same bike here well motor anyway sync the carbs does help belive me i hade the same problem and it fixed it. dunno bout it but ive been ridding for awhile and rember its carbs not fuel injc so u have to take it up to 4 or so to take of.. if its dying try turnning your idle screw mounted on the left side up a lil to rev a lil higher.. also rember the tank is gravity feed for gas so if u come to a fast ass stop like i always do u have to feather the gas or it wants to die.. :hammer: ohh mabey the jets are too big what did u use for the set up i tried a 30-32-32-30 and it ran like ass went back to a 28-30-30-28 set up and its on like butter..1.8 60foot 11.4 1/4 and radared at 167mph :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
the tank is NOT gravity fed, you have an internal fuel pump.

and the Needles DO NOT control low end... tehy are mid range.

It sonds to me that your carbs are out of whack for one. Your mixture screws are probably off. Also what do you have the idle set at? should be about 1200 RPM.

Teh guy who said his dies on a hard stop, our float levels are probably off, or your fuel pump is dying.

Carb problems are VERY hard to diagnose over the net, but I try to help best I can

http://factorypro.com/tech/carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html

This is a good article.... the second one is good too though

http://factorypro.com/magazine/How_to_Install_a_jet_kit_cbr900ki_sportrider97t.html

·
Registered
254 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
the tank is NOT gravity fed, you have an internal fuel pump.

and the Needles DO NOT control low end... tehy are mid range.

It sonds to me that your carbs are out of whack for one. Your mixture screws are probably off. Also what do you have the idle set at? should be about 1200 RPM.

Teh guy who said his dies on a hard stop, our float levels are probably off, or your fuel pump is dying.

Carb problems are VERY hard to diagnose over the net, but I try to help best I can

http://factorypro.com/tech/carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html

This is a good article.... the second one is good too though

http://factorypro.com/magazine/How_to_Install_a_jet_kit_cbr900ki_sportrider97t.html

Thanx for the info dude. :thumbup: The easiest fix I'll try first is snychin' the carbs. Then i'll troubleshoot from there if that doesn't do it. Do you think buying the synch and doing it myself is worth the $. Or should I take it in? My idle is around 1300 and some times after a long ride it surches midly up and down a hundred or so. What DOES control the low end jetting?? In my Dynojet instructions it said the needle jets did. Good articles...thanx.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe I read over it, but where do you guys have your fuel screws set at? Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks, or hoses that you didn't plug back into the airbox. Also if your idle is set to low it will load up, what is your idle set at?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
In the factory pro article it will tell youthat the mixture screws adjust the low end performance. A good rule of thumb for them to start out with is 1.5 turns out.

A mercury vacuum carb sync tool is a pretty good investment IMO. but be sure youknow how to use it. DO NOT close the throttle fully after reving the motor or you will suck mercury into the motor.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks, or hoses that you didn't plug back into the airbox
In the instruction for the kit it says to unplug the electrical sensors that are connected to the carb with rubber hoses. I Took the hoses off and the sensors completely. Should I leave the hoses and sensor and just unplug the power to them or remove everything?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, what is involved in syncing the carbs? Is it just getting the air mixture screws set right?

So far I have dropped the needle from three to two. I have also adjusted the mixture screws from 1.5 turns all the way out to 3.5 and didn't seem to help. I am going to try to adjust the float level next. I looked at the link and has some good info on it. It states that the low end torque is also controlled by the float level. So that will be my next try.

Thanks for all of the help so far. I will post results tonight.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Syncing carbs has nothing to do with the mixture screws. It is aligning all the throttle butterflys so that each cylinder is pulling the same amount of vacuum at a particular throttle opening. It is adjusted at the butterfly linkages between the individual carbs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does anyone know what the stock float level is supposed to be? 2000GSXR 600 .....I tried to adjust the floats and it made it worse. I have it running pretty good other than having to rev it to 4 grand to get it to go. Thanks

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
treydawg00 said:
In the instruction for the kit it says to unplug the electrical sensors that are connected to the carb with rubber hoses. I Took the hoses off and the sensors completely. Should I leave the hoses and sensor and just unplug the power to them or remove everything?
If I remeber correctly, a few of those hoses are vacuum hoses. you need to plug those so you dont have a vacuum leak. It has been awhile since I worked on this part of a SRAD

·
Registered
34 Posts
if I remember right dj jet kit for that bike has these little shrouds they whant you to install on top of the emoltion toob (where the needle slids down in the carb) DON'T INSTALL THAT if you have remove and try :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
Jet Problems

Hey I Have A 2000 Gsxr 600 And I Am Getting It Jetted As We Speek, It Is A Dynojet Kit Stage 1 And It Has Trouble Shooting Guid With The Kit Also You Can Contact Dyno Jet They Will Help, Also My Kit Said That One Of The Electricle Plugs For The Carb Has To Be Left Unpluged For It To Run Right. I Think It Said The White Plug! I Hope I Do Not Have Any Problems With My Jet Kit Any How Have You All Herd About The Flo Commander It Is Sapose To Help With The Fuel Mix , All Four Carbs Get The Ext Same Cause It Runs Threw Some Block , Let Me Know If You Can Tell Me About Them . [email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.