Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can powder coat rotors? Wouldn't that just come off the Seco d you hit the brakes. Or at the very least hinder you from slowing down?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
About the rotors, they were just painted to match. And yes you guys are right, the paint did not want to just scrub off. I had to take a razor blade for hours on end and scrape the paint away from the pad contact surface. It still turned out nice, but it was a royal pain. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Went on a 150 mile ride yesterday for a customer appreciation day at a local dealership. Had a great time, saw some sights, and pushed the bike almost to its limits. It was an awesome day. I'm loving the gold, it really makes the bike pop. And the gel seats are a good addition. They do not completely eliminate discomfort, but I was able to ride nearly 4 hrs straight and still feel like I wanted to ride some more, a definite improvement. The new sprocket that was installed is a 45 tooth, and I get the feeling its no different than the stock one was. I compared my speedo with my friends bike whil we were cruising and they were spot on. I was still able to hit 175 and had a little bit left. I guess I will wait until I need some other work done to throw a 47 tooth on.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Went on a 150 mile ride yesterday for a customer appreciation day at a local dealership. Had a great time, saw some sights, and pushed the bike almost to its limits. It was an awesome day. I'm loving the gold, it really makes the bike pop. And the gel seats are a good addition. They do not completely eliminate discomfort, but I was able to ride nearly 4 hrs straight and still feel like I wanted to ride some more, a definite improvement. The new sprocket that was installed is a 45 tooth, and I get the feeling its no different than the stock one was. I compared my speedo with my friends bike whil we were cruising and they were spot on. I was still able to hit 175 and had a little bit left. I guess I will wait until I need some other work done to throw a 47 tooth on.
175 on the street? Pushed almost to its limits? :damn:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Unfortunately, nothing new to report right now. I have decided on the Taylor Made full exhaust system though. Has anyone here installed it? How do you like it? I love the way it looks, i'm just a little worried it might be a little too loud. Also is there any chance it would make any discomfort for a passenger from heat?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Lookin like some excellent progress so far. Always been a fan of the black and gold look. How does that powder coating hold up in the rotors though?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Unfortunately, nothing new to report right now. I have decided on the Taylor Made full exhaust system though. Has anyone here installed it? How do you like it? I love the way it looks, i'm just a little worried it might be a little too loud. Also is there any chance it would make any discomfort for a passenger from heat?

Alreadys saw answer to my previous question.... I used to have that same exhaust on my k6 600. No issues with heat whatsoever. Those exhausts are top notch, highly recommend and wouldn't hesitate to buy again. Plenty of exhausts are louder than the taylormade.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I had the Taylor Made on my 07 750 and I liked it. Wasn't too loud and no heat issues. However, for the price you're going to pay you can get a MUCH better sounding/performing exhaust. It won't look like the TM but it will most likely last longer and def sound better.

Someone told me before I bought mine, you don't look at your motorcycle you ride it. I didn't listen bc I wanted it but I eventually wound up replacing it when I started using the bike for the track.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
What would your exhaust suggestions be? I agree the price is pretty steep on the TM.
Yoshimura, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Arrow, Scorpion, any of the well known brands will serve you better for sure. I have a Leo Vince on my ninja and a Scorpion on my gsxr.

Basically NO Two Bros, Jardine, or Taylor Made if you're looking for quality/performance/R&D.

In the end tho it is your bike, put on it what you like.

Remember, if you go full system you must get a fuel controller.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didn't see it thus far, did you install an integrated tail when you did the fender eliminator? If not, take this as an reminder to do so!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Lookin like some excellent progress so far. Always been a fan of the black and gold look. How does that powder coating hold up in the rotors though?
The rotors were only painted to match the powder coat on the wheels. I had to clean up the pad surface with a flat razor afterwards, but the paint is holding up perfectly.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I finally got that 47 tooth vortex rear sprocket installed. (+2). Wow what a difference it made. I'm glad I didn't jump right into the 1 down 2 up. The acceleration is improved in all gears, it's especially noticeable when pulling throttle in 4th 5th and 6th. It used to feel really flat until it got up into the rpms, but now it pulls, even down around 4k. And as for pulling the wheel up, it made it much easier to lift up on power alone in 1st. I just get up to about 7k and twist, comes right up. If you stay full throttle it will come back up again at the top of 1st. Top speed is yet to be determined, but Its definitely still over 150. Just in case anyone was curious. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yoshimura, Leo Vince, Akrapovic, Arrow, Scorpion, any of the well known brands will serve you better for sure. I have a Leo Vince on my ninja and a Scorpion on my gsxr.

Basically NO Two Bros, Jardine, or Taylor Made if you're looking for quality/performance/R&D.

In the end tho it is your bike, put on it what you like.

Remember, if you go full system you must get a fuel controller.
I like the look and sound of the yoshimura r77d full system. Similar price to the TM, around $1000. It's not the low dump type I hoped for, but there is a lot to be said for quality, and I know Yoshi is great. As for a fuel controller, do you have a recommendation for what I should be looking at? Is that in addition to sending to stock ecu out for modification, or could the ecu mod (ECU Flashing) do the job on its own?

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I like the look and sound of the yoshimura r77d full system. Similar price to the TM, around $1000. It's not the low dump type I hoped for, but there is a lot to be said for quality, and I know Yoshi is great. As for a fuel controller, do you have a recommendation for what I should be looking at? Is that in addition to sending to stock ecu out for modification, or could the ecu mod (ECU Flashing) do the job on its own?
Good choice, Yosh is great! I had my ECU flashed and I have a bazzaz unit. I only did that bc I couldn't find a shop that could Dyno tune the ecu so I got a generic flash and will have the bike tuned with the bazzaz soon. So if you have a shop that can tune your ecu you can do that or get a bazzaz/pc5 have that tuned, or both.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Good choice, Yosh is great! I had my ECU flashed and I have a bazzaz unit. I only did that bc I couldn't find a shop that could Dyno tune the ecu so I got a generic flash and will have the bike tuned with the bazzaz soon. So if you have a shop that can tune your ecu you can do that or get a bazzaz/pc5 have that tuned, or both.
alright that sounds good. I will likely just start with the generic flash as you said because it will be a lot of cash up front for the exhaust. I really look forward to doing this, but I fear its going to be a while....

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
alright that sounds good. I will likely just start with the generic flash as you said because it will be a lot of cash up front for the exhaust. I really look forward to doing this, but I fear its going to be a while....
Check out wera classifieds, eBay, Craigslist for a used full system. More than likely you'll be able to find a near new system for a good price. I got two identical mint scorpion slip ons for $250 on eBay. Just an example of how many deals are out there. My boy got a full Yosh for his 2012 750 for $550 so I'd wait and go that route.

Check out Danos Performance for the flash. I used him and he did a great job, very good experience.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts