Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So after going for a ride with the new levers, I have to say that I kinda like the short clutch, but something didn't feel right with the brake. It's was too soft/had to pull it to far to get stopping power even on the full tight adjustment. So I modified the little pocket that the master cylinder plunger sits into and it feels better now. I stumbled on a really cheap genuine set of pazzo levers last night so I bought those too. We'll see if the is any difference in fitment.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So I recieved the pazzo levers and I have to say, they are pretty much identical to the cnc ebay levers. I haven't even bothered to try them on, mainly because my little modification to the brake lever completely fixed the slack problem. After riding with the shorty levers a little longer I can say that I like them a little better. I feel like I have better control of the handle bars because more of my hand is gripping them at all times. I also think my wheelies are getting a little better since doing the levers, but I guess it could be coincidence.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I recieved the pazzo levers and I have to say, they are pretty much identical to the cnc ebay levers. I haven't even bothered to try them on, mainly because my little modification to the brake lever completely fixed the slack problem. After riding with the shorty levers a little longer I can say that I like them a little better. I feel like I have better control of the handle bars because more of my hand is gripping them at all times. I also think my wheelies are getting a little better since doing the levers, but I guess it could be coincidence.
I think the shorty levers give a more full feedback when pulling them in. This is feeling or sensation is definitely missing from the stock stuff. Also, you can always flip those levers. Bike is coming along nicely.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
It's a k7 600. Sorry I can't remember replying to your question before. Just saw your post now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries man, my friend is selling an 06-07 motion pro revolver throttle I was trying To let you know in case you were into it .

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
No worries man, my friend is selling an 06-07 motion pro revolver throttle I was trying To let you know in case you were into it .

Thanks man, appreciate the thought. I've gone down the 04 R1 throttle assembly route. AU$23 all up. Just waiting on it arriving.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
So hurricane Matthew is headed right for us. Wish us luck, and prayers for black Betty to survive the storm unharmed.
Consider that done...where is the bike kept??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
its garaged at my house. I'm just hoping there is not too much flooding. I'm not that far from the coastline. there are 2 rivers close by as well. I'm packing up and leaving town to keep my kiddos safe. Just hoping I can come back to a fairly normal home in a few days.

·
Registered
383 Posts
its garaged at my house. I'm just hoping there is not too much flooding. I'm not that far from the coastline. there are 2 rivers close by as well. I'm packing up and leaving town to keep my kiddos safe. Just hoping I can come back to a fairly normal home in a few days.
Ok, so that was 10 days ago. How'd it go? You alright? Bike alright? House all good?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Ok, so that was 10 days ago. How'd it go? You alright? Bike alright? House all good?
Yea man, We're all good. Thanks for asking. We seem to be spared every time a big storm rolls through. I like to think its because we live right by Karma. We actually had zero damage at all. I packed up and left town anyway. Some other people did not do so well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
So I picked up a used track suit over the weekend. I'm not sure the exact model of the suit, but its in great shape, honestly don't think its ever seen a race. I couldn't pass it up for the price. So I guess I will be planning to do a track day soon with a buddy of mine. I also went and bought some new SMX-3 boots for riding the streets, i'm not sure if they would pass for legal on the track, but I'm scoping out some SMX-6 boots as well. Picked up another helmet today that should be track legal, its a late model Suomy. Came with a Sena bluetooth with camera, used but also in great shape. Actually fits better than my HJC. I do need a pair of track gloves if anyone has anything for sale, or has a recommendation.

·
Registered
383 Posts
@J.GILKY I've got those same boots, though mine are a couple of years old now so they look slightly different. I can tell you that they hold up really well in a crash, lol. Glad to hear you came out of it ok.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
@J.GILKY I've got those same boots, though mine are a couple of years old now so they look slightly different. I can tell you that they hold up really well in a crash, lol. Glad to hear you came out of it ok.
They are my first pair of boots. I'm riding in my leathers and boots tonight for the first time to see how it feels. Do you know if they will allow these boots on the track? I have never been. And I know these are lacking some of the armor that the SMX-6 have. I bought the 3's because I will be wearing them 99% on the street, so I went for the more practical and comfortable choice.

·
Registered
383 Posts
@J.GILKY To be honest, I think all of those rules depend on the track. I personally wouldn't use them for racing. While I'm sure they're fine for going down at 80, I don't know they'd do in a high speed crash. After all, we don't wear them for the ride, we wear them for the crash.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
Many track organizations just specific "riding boots that fully cover the ankle." Depends on the organization and might depend on the group you're in. I haven't personally seen anyone with boots that short and they for sure wouldn't be ideal track boots.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
So, of course my buddies gave me shit for riding full gear the other night, but hey I don't care. I have to say that I was definitely more courageous with leathers on. After just one ride my chicken strips are virtually gone. We were all chatting on the Sena's and they kept saying put your knee down, put it down!... lol. So every corner I was trying so hard. But still not there yet.
As far as how the suit fit, I feel like its slightly short for me. If you look at alpinestars fitment chart it says this suit should fit up to a 6'2" rider. Well im 6'4". While I was riding I noticed it felt like the knee pads were really tight against my knees, a little uncomfortable in that sense. But otherwise it was good. Now this was my first time wearing boots, so yes I missed gears, quite a few times. But worse was that every time I came down from a 1st gear wheelie my boot would bump the shift lever and pop me into neutral and it would super squid rev. ugh. But by the end of the night I was feeling more comfortable in them. practice practice i guess.

·
Stays Crispy in Milk
5,670 Posts
I used to think guys riding in full leathers looked silly too. You get over that. Now if I try to ride in just jacket and jeans it doesn't feel right.

Don't fall victim to the "chicken strips" trap. If you're out on the streets trying to drag knee, sooner or later something unfortunate is going to happen. Get thyself to the track!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
As I haven't hit the track yet (6 weeks to go!), I prefer to refer to the unused portion of my tires as my margin of safety rather than chicken strips ;)

101 - 120 of 143 Posts