Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We a had a decent turnout this month, and it is the battle of the liter bikes. Thank you for the extra motivation from a member. Sorry the post got up a day later, my work schedule got hectic. Good luck gentlemen and K61000.

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
blkoutbusa

Year: 2012
Model: Hayabusa GSX1300R
Eng size: 1349
Pipe: Brock's Alienhead full-system (ceramic coated)
Accessories/other mods: Fender eliminator / smooth painted under tail
And the story: Literally picked this thing up less than a week ago during my OG posting (bought 7/13/17). Guy was super nice, honest, and bike was even more than he described. Could have ate off the wheels they were so clean. Needed a chain adjustment and clean and its been amazing! Mods to come, as soon as the wife let's go of the checkbook and get's over the initial purchase lol

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Racerxxxgsxr1000

I'll throw my streetbike in the mix this month :grin

2005 GSXR1000
20K miles Im 2nd owner.
Danmoto Carbon fiber stainless slip-on
Stainless wave rotors
EBC Sintered brake pads
Billet rearsets
Zero Gravity smoked windscreen
Pazzo brake levers
Bazzaz Z-FI fuel controller
K&N air filter.
Brand new tires haven't even scuffed them in really.
Other than that, mostly stock, runs strong. :smile

Nice Busa above I will add. :wink

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Todd_Sails

This is the GSXR I bought with the insurance money of my crashed GSXR- which was BOTM in 12/16.
Same year, make, model and color as the other.
I call this version 2.0
I plan to rebuild 1.0; and either use a few of the parts from 1.0 to this 2.0, and sell the 1.0; or keep the rebuilt one and
sell off this one eventually.
I was lucky enough to find it in my present home state, clean and near mint w/ a few mods also.
It has helped in my recovery and healing to have it to ride now.

2005 R- 1000
< 13K miles
Blue double bubble windscreen
No Seta valve, Level One Racing Exhaust
Custom Knee grip pads-Gsxr

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K61000

Take 2
Besides the busa, this seems so far to be a 2005-6 contest so I'll play (again)

2006 with 1653 (NOT a typo) miles on the clock currently waiting on a new set of track plastics so I can take her up for a weekend at Calabogie Motorsports park outside Ottawa. AWESOME big, fast track.

Highights:
Akrapovic full titanium / carbon fiber Evolution II racing system
BST carbon fiber wheels

Galfer Wave rotors front & rear
Goodridge SS lines
Race Tech 20mm re-valving up front

Ohlins in the rear

Vortex levers
Yoshi bar ends
Hyperpro steering damper

Gilles adjustable rear sets
dyno jet quickshifter... tied to PCIII USB with ignition module
... and one interesting little detail: Notice the Gilles shift shaft support

Vortex Sprockets... currently 530 but will be swapping in 520s for track day... More of an excuse to throw-in another gratuitous carbon fiber wheel shot :banana:

Permanent / cleanable Oil filter, also showing how clean this thing is after 11 years.

And a few other goodies

• Speedo healer
  • Vortex stator cover
  • Vortex keyless gas cap,
  • Undertail kit
  • LED turn signals all-around
  • K&N air filter
  • All the pollution / smog control was removed.
  • Yoshi frame sliders
  • Ballistic battery
... and there's surely more that I forgot but that's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
never in my life did i expect to see all this sexy shit in one place

·
Banned
108 Posts
never in my life did i expect to see all this sexy shit in one place
Hmmm, for BOTM on gsxr.com, an almost bone-stock Busa beats out an almost bone-stock gsxr, a nicely modded gsxr and an extremely modded gsxr.... on a gsxr forum..... with a grand total of 9 votes.

Yep, sounds legit to me :Laughing:

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, for BOTM on gsxr.com, an almost bone-stock Busa beats out an almost bone-stock gsxr, a nicely modded gsxr and an extremely modded gsxr.... on a gsxr forum..... with a grand total of 9 votes.

I think all of us would like to see forums as busy as they were several years ago. Unfortunately the way technology has shifted and networking has changed from forums to social media its crippling our chosen pantheon. One of the biggest hits we took was killing the old motorcycle.com app and the next one was when they reassigned new passwords to everyone for cyber security reasons. It's sad to see this modality becoming a thing of the past, but things change.

·
Premium Member
8,020 Posts
I think all of us would like to see forums as busy as they were several years ago. Unfortunately the way technology has shifted and networking has changed from forums to social media its crippling our chosen pantheon. One of the biggest hits we took was killing the old motorcycle.com app and the next one was when they reassigned new passwords to everyone for cyber security reasons. It's sad to see this modality becoming a thing of the past, but things change.
I hate social media. I was on FB for several years but now it seems all it is is hateful politics. I had to give it up because I would call some of our leaders assholes and then we'd be off to the races. I don't need to get that upset.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts

Maybe if ya hadn't talked so much :poo: in the beginning and pulled out of the ROTM, then came back, then flipped everyone off, you might have done better.

·
Operation ... squid
9,341 Posts
i mean it is a sexy busa ... and these are all sexy liter bikes

hey at the end of the day ...

... i still like mine better :lol:

love to see team k5/k6 in here tho !!! i May enter my k6 in next month

·
The Honey Badger
11,974 Posts
All of them are great looking bikes!

I voted K61000 for one reason....carbon fiber :yumyum: