Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

K61000

2006 with 1653 (NOT a typo) miles on the clock currently waiting on a new set of track plastics so I can take her up for a weekend at Calabogie Motorsports park outside Ottawa. AWESOME big, fast track.

Highights:
Akrapovic full titanium / carbon fiber Evolution II racing system
BST carbon fiber wheels

Galfer Wave rotors front & rear
Goodridge SS lines
Race Tech 20mm re-valving up front

Ohlins in the rear

Vortex levers
Yoshi bar ends
Hyperpro steering damper

Gilles adjustable rear sets
dyno jet quickshifter... tied to PCIII USB with ignition module
... and one interesting little detail: Notice the Gilles shift shaft support

Vortex Sprockets... currently 530 but will be swapping in 520s for track day... More of an excuse to throw-in another gratuitous carbon fiber wheel shot :banana:

Permanent / cleanable Oil filter, also showing how clean this thing is after 11 years.

And a few other goodies

• Speedo healer
  • Vortex stator cover
  • Vortex keyless gas cap,
  • Undertail kit
  • LED turn signals all-around
  • K&N air filter
  • All the pollution / smog control was removed.
  • Yoshi frame sliders
  • Ballistic battery
... and there's surely more that I forgot but that's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
Congrats

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Congrats,

You can enter again when you put all the stock parts back on :laugh
Then you can send out PM's again too.

I would just keep it in the saran wrap to keep it looking that awesome.:devil

·
Banned
108 Posts
Beautiful bike Sir. Awesome mod list too! Congratulations, well deserved.
Congrats

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Congrats Andre, badass for sure.
Thank you gentlemen. So I'll be receiving a cheque in the mail soon then? :laugh

Believe it or not, it's waiting on one more customization. I ordered a set of Lucky Strike Suzuki plastics from Auctmarts so when I hit the track, it'll be an hommage to my hero Kevin Schwantz.... and those minty-clean OEM plastics will remain safely stashed away over here.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Beautiful machine, congrats!

·
Certifiable Bike Nut
3,065 Posts
Nice, very nice.

·
Banned
108 Posts
A little update: The OEM bodywork is absolutely mint so I removed everything and put it in storage. In 10-15 years time, it can put it all back to all-original and still minty-clean - then it'll really be something.

So with that plan in mind, why not do something a little avant-guarde. This motif is an hommage to my hero back in the day. Kevin Schwantz, if you see this, you're still the only guy I've ever called my hero... you crazy freaking bastard :D

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
That came out really nice man. I bet you stood back afterwards with a hard on lol. Impressed with the tank cover too. Appears to fit ok.

Ever get or do something so cool you want to put it on the news at night? :grin

·
Banned
108 Posts
That came out really nice man. I bet you stood back afterwards with a hard on lol. Impressed with the tank cover too. Appears to fit ok.
Yeah, I've had a rubbery one since I first test-fitted that tank cover after receiving the box in the mail. That was on Thursday night. Couldn't really get into it until yesterday. And yep, I wrapped the tank with vinyl as scuff protection so that cover wouldn't mess-up the perfect clearcoat on my tank. But I will be finding an old beat-up tank this winter so ALL the OEM pretty stuff is safely in storage.

Ever get or do something so cool you want to put it on the news at night? :grin
Isn't that what this is? Ba ha :wink

1 - 14 of 14 Posts