Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and couldn't find any info.
2007 gsxr 600,
Out of the blue my speedometer has started to jump around the actual speed I'm going.
For example:
I'm traveling what I assume to be 60mph and my speedometer never stops jumping around. It's constantly jumping from 56-63-60-62-59-56-60. Even thou I know I'm holding a steady speed the speedometer never shows that, just keeps jumping around.
I haven't done anything new to the bike lately to cause this.

Currently I'm running -1/+2 setup with a V3.0 speedhealer. Has anyone heard if a speedhealer has gone faulty and caused this type of problem before?
I'm removed the speed sensor and inspected it for damage and everything looks OK.

Can anyone shade some light on this problem?

·
Registered
133 Posts
obviously putting on different sprockets will change your speedometer, but it shouldn't make it jump like that =X

Not sure what to tell you about this one man. good luck though

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
probably reinstall and recallibrate the speedohealer, and check the speed sensor agin to make sure its bolted on properly, i'd also check all the speedohealer wiring.

·
BaDAZ
517 Posts
Look at the Speedo sensor ring. This happened to my bike and it's because the speedo sensor ring broke into 4 pieces from being over torqued.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
you should check the speedo pickup wheel on the front sprocket.

those come loose pretty often.

or maybe your just driving over a bunch of hills.:laughingr

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Mine started doing the same thing about 2 weeks ago but dont do it al the time... but it will show say 65 then jump to 176 88 129 etc etc then go back to 65... i also have the healer but I havent done any thing to the bike. So thanks for asking this!

·
Registered
894 Posts
:thumbup: Open your front sprocket case and tighten the thingie.

I put some locktite on mine because it loved to come loose.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumbup: Open your front sprocket case and tighten the thingie.

I put some locktite on mine because it loved to come loose.
Thanks a bunch!
You guys are awesome.

Opened the front sprocket case and sure enough the allen bolt was loose enough for the speed sensor wheel to jiggle. I tighened it down and it's all better.

Good job guys.

·
Registered
130 Posts
this was a big fail in design if you ask me, mine gave no warning, backed out and started to jump around as well, but it did it faster then i thought possible, it started on my way home the other night, in a 10 mile range the bolt came out far enough to hit the cover and crack it. but went to put it back together and sure enough the wheel was cracked as well so now gota order one of them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.