Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like problem after problem with a gsxr
. . Any ways, so I just did my clutch cable recently was quite stretched out. . After fixing that issue I decided to run some fuel treatment, Royal purple fuel treatment to be exact just to do it never done it before . Well after that I noticed my bike had a weird acceleration to it. Figured my cable needed to be adjusted, well I did that. For sure needed it. But I noticed the problem didn't go away. . As for what it is doing bare with me not sure how to word it. But it's like it's not getting enough gas at the start of the throttle. U have to twist it a good bit before it wants to go. . But when it does go your launching at like 3k rpms from a stand still every time.. it don't seem to wanna register the lower end of the throttle. But this isn't every time . . That's what has me lost. I checked the throttle postion on the cluster and it's in the middle like it should be (-) but seems to have a lag in the response. As I may add to this as I come to a stop it's like the fuel cuts off and has no idk how to word it. Just sounds like you cut the bike off but the rpms stay and slowly drop as it should as u come to a stop. But if you twist the throttle it will jerk and bam like nothing ever was wrong with it. . I also did notice I have to upp my throttle manually by the cable on the stacks on a cold start or it will idle VERY low 500 to almost no idle at all. This ransonly also happens at red lights even after warmed up. But not every red light some times it will idle perfectly at 1300 rpms roughly around there no issue, even accelerate with no issue. But lately My issue seems to be getting worse and worse... mind you this is random. Once I'm riding and going. The bike acts normal no issue accelerates perfect and shift no issue I can cruse in 6th going any speed no problems this is only on lower rpms seems to happen. I do have a g pack (was on the bike when I got it) I took it off to see how it acts and nothing seems to wanna change. Still acts the very same as if it was still connected into it. There is no other mods on the bike as for wiring or fuel etc just extended swing arm everything else is stock. Spark plus and oil change are both about 3k miles into it. And I only ever run 93 in the bike nothing less than that ever... what is the issue I'm having here ? I tired to word this best as I could hope someone else had this issue and could help ..

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My eyes crossed before I could get through that but what year and model bike are you talking about?

Whatever problem you have, did it just start doing this?

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,977 Posts
Just how much of this fuel system cleaner did you add? Have you put gas in it since adding it?

·
Super Moderator
1995 GSX-R 750
1,977 Posts
Hmmm. I suppose it is possible that it freed up enough crud, and clogged up your high pressure filter. You should do a fuel pressure, and flow test. Procedure is outlined in the service manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts