Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went down last saturday around my favorite left hand turn. front wheel didnt want to grip the pavement anymore. i figured it was sand or somethin...only doin about 50 when it went...the left leg of my gap (crap) "jeans" got completely torn in half. nasty rash on my calf i guess from being under the bike...lost my shoe...the :bowdown: ---> gloves did their job...am i so glad that i wore gloves that day...my left hand would have been pretty nasty at least thats what the gloves say...only minor rash on my upper arm...the bike...mostly scratches...clutch lever, gearshift lever and peg let go though...not bad for my first time huh?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Glad you are alright Now what make yr model bike you was on? You now know how it feels to wreck now that is a feeling that you should not like to get use to at all.

Take it easy though

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
glad you didn't get tore up too much. just keep on riding

·
Registered
168 Posts
That sucks man.. I low-sided my 03 750 after I had only had it about a month... mainly scratches and cracks to the plastics - the gear shift peg didn't make it but that's all Magyver'd now.. works like a charm..

Just get back on it and keep going...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Been down that road myself, and crashing sucks. Glad you made it out with minimal damage to you and your bike.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
my biggest crash was turning the bike around out of a parking lot, standing beside it and down it went, oops.
I have a set of levers if you want, idk, 15-20 shipped? Let me know.

·
Registered
320 Posts
A shoe? Get some boots. You are lucky you didn't grind your ankle to the bone. Get some pants too. Plastic holds up better than skin at 50 huh?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Get some frekin boots man, if not boots, some protective riding shoes like ICON or Astars makes some that have ankle protection/

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had plenty of time to think about the whole boot thing while I was healing. Lemme ask you guys a question. The bike laying on my foot manipulated my shoe in such a way to force it off, right. If I was wearing boots or a shoe that came past my ankle and the shoe wasn't forced off, how bad would it break my ankle or foot? I know there is a reason moto gp and ama guys wear them but i'm still fickle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.