Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first GSX-R, only has 3300 miles and it's an 04! One question I have though. I don't like the the stock rear fender plastic piece that makes it look like a enduro bike. What is the cheapest thing I could do to get rid of it so I would just have a bracket for my taillights and one for my license plate, or is the only thing I can do is get a eliminator kit or a undertail kit? I just didn't want to spend anymore money than I'm already putting into the bike so far.

Attachments

·
GSXR LIFE STYLE
735 Posts
Get a finder eliminator kit you can get them really cheap or you can get a piece or a metal coffee can and hammer it flat then bend and cut as needed it as needed to make a bracket and paint it black then place your license plate on it and a l.e.d. light it will look just like a bought on only cheaper my friend did it I need to take some pics it looks store bought took him only a couple of hours and good to go but I would say buy one that you like less work any way you will put money in that bike later it is addicting.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Get an Integrated LED tail light so you can get rid of the blinkers. Then get a couple L brackets and mount the plate. Search around on here and google. You will find plenty of pics.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Nice bike bro! Definately get a fender elminator or something to get rid of the BIG bulky piece of plastic.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yup I was cheap to and flattened out a couple pieces of the slide you stick sockets on, bent them to fit, then drilled holes to mount them. Total mod cost was $0. Almost as good as new stickers for the added HP:lol:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
nice bike dude and congrats on the buy! how much you pay for it? for sure though, you're already on the right track changing out the fender. kudos dude!!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
whatever you decide to do...it wont matter, you went with the smart choice from the get and got a k4 600-er...you sir are a brilliant man :clap:

great minds think alike :thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can go to a hardware store, buy two L brackets for like a dollar. Go home, remove that ugly fender and mount the L brackets. Then install you plate.
thats what i done with my first bike, bought to L brackets, and worked great, looked 100x better, id go to advanced get ya some led lights and wire for u blinkers if u dont wanna spend much money

nice bike!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice bike!!

Go with a fender eliminator kit it would be worth the $$ Flush mounts are pretty cheap too for those front signals. Love the look of the 04!! Nice!!:thumbup: Look foward to seing the upgrade pics, make sure you post em:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.