Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,884 Posts
The spark plugs don't look that worn but the it looks like the bike has been running rich. Also #3 and #4 look oily but they could be just super rich also.

You have the spark plugs out already, but I suggest that after you loosen the plug a turn or so, blow out the spark plug well with compressed air to remove any debris.

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For spark plugs I usually use a small brush then vacuum out any debris before I remove them.
I suggest that after you loosen the plug a turn or so, blow out the spark plug well with compressed air to remove any debris.
Thanks guys, all these small tips really help.

#3 and #4 look oily but they could be just super rich also
They were a bit oily yeah. #3 and #4 were the leaking carbs. The bike was definitely running a bit rich when I test drove it. The rpm left floating a bit after giving it gas also.

Sparks look better now, once I get to my garage I'll slap them back in and see if they still light up and if I can get the engine rolling. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Allright then.

Got the sparks in, one literally fell apart. The thread ripped off the spark plug and got stuck in the engine head. Had a small panic attack, drank a few beers and got the courage to use an easy-off to get it out. It got out pretty smoothly. Before any of you attack me with your keyboards, yes, I did inspect the spark plug before slapping it in and no, I didn't tighten it with too much torque. In fact, I only got to screw it in with my fingers before it broke. Tomorrow I'll get new spark plugs, let's see how that goes.

I also screwed some new holes to the tail so the electrics fit there nicely. Everything looks good excluding all the dirt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey buddy nobody is gonna attack, anybody that seems like they are well they are really just trying to help out. I will say your a brave man for putting them old plugs in i get extremely cautious when it comes to spark plugs on anything you could cause soo much heartache with those things. All the attackers have been there. As a rule i never ever use a torque wrench when putting plugs or fasteners into aluminum and i always put a little antiseize on the threads too much will melt down and foul them things. Anyway good luck have fun out there.
Allright then.

Got the sparks in, one literally fell apart. The thread ripped off the spark plug and got stuck in the engine head. Had a small panic attack, drank a few beers and got the courage to use an easy-off to get it out. It got out pretty smoothly. Before any of you attack me with your keyboards, yes, I did inspect the spark plug before slapping it in and no, I didn't tighten it with too much torque. In fact, I only got to screw it in with my fingers before it broke. Tomorrow I'll get new spark plugs, let's see how that goes.

I also screwed some new holes to the tail so the electrics fit there nicely. Everything looks good excluding all the dirt.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts