Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm planning on replacing the stock air filter on my 04 600, is the BMC really much better than the K&N i'mm not planning on heavy mods, just a slipon exhaust, the bike is a commuter (80 miles a day), no stunts or track racing either. would the k&n do the job? the bmc is almost twice as expensive as the k&n.

thanks to all

·
Registered
146 Posts
i have only heard that the BMC is better than the K&N filters, but I think that both filters are better at only WOT. If you get the race version of the BMC people say that it flows better but more crud can get through it.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
The BMC street version is exactly the same as the K&N. The BMC race flows a lot better but doesn't have much protection, and if you ride in a dusty area then I would't suggest it, Its pretty much like cheesecloth.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I have a BMC race version only because it came with the bike. I really could not tell if it is better because I never tried a K&N. Tell you what, in secong gear @ 4000 I cracked the gas and the bike came right up. Coincidence? Dont know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.