Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok bare with me. I bought the bike thinking everything was in working condition. Didn’t even make it home 50 miles, yaya. Well from my end it wasn’t charging so got a new stator rectifier kit put on bike new battery, seems like it sometimes would last days then loose all power again I was chasing wires found that blue turn light wire was bare So went to tape it and it grounded the frame now dash and rear light won’t work unless I jump straight to power. them I rode again a month and smelled a fr fire, I freaked stopped rite at station and pulled tank off nothing was visible so I took stator out and wires are crispy burnt and that strong fire smell is in casing. long Story didn’t wanna leave any details out. Plugs on stator are deleted and rectifier also. Please help riding seasons a couple months away.

·
Super Moderator
10,476 Posts
Ok bare with me. I bought the bike thinking everything was in working condition. Didn’t even make it home 50 miles, yaya. Well from my end it wasn’t charging so got a new stator rectifier kit put on bike new battery, seems like it sometimes would last days then loose all power again I was chasing wires found that blue turn light wire was bare So went to tape it and it grounded the frame now dash and rear light won’t work unless I jump straight to power. them I rode again a month and smelled a fr fire, I freaked stopped rite at station and pulled tank off nothing was visible so I took stator out and wires are crispy burnt and that strong fire smell is in casing. long Story didn’t wanna leave any details out. Plugs on stator are deleted and rectifier also. Please help riding seasons a couple months away.
Welcome.

I seems you have several things going on but getting the charging system sorted out is what seems to interest you the most right now.

Did you install a $39 Chinese Ebay stator / R/R "kit"? It is strongly suggested to go with OEM or Rick's for these parts.

As far as figuring out where you are, besides replacing the stator, take a look at this. It is at the top of the tech forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts