Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,143 Posts
Welcome.

This should be in the Tech section not the site issues.

I can't be sure, but I think that is the ambient air pressure sensor and is just open to the atmosphere. Otherwise, it is not connected to anything.

The only way to confirm that is by posting the colors of the wires going to it.

Any reason you think it should be hooked up to something?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome.

This should be in the Tech section not the site issues.

I can't be sure, but I think that is the ambient air pressure sensor and is just open to the atmosphere. Otherwise, it is not connected to anything.

The only way to confirm that is by posting the colors of the wires going to it.

Any reason you think it should be hooked up to something?
I agree, it's in the tail section, and it doesn't have anything connected to it other than the wires. It's the same as the airbox sensor which does have a vacuum hose running to it. It just reads the air outside.

·
Premium Member
8,143 Posts
That would be the IAP (intake air pressure sensor). You also have one and I believe it will be under the airbox somewhere. So you have two of the same sensor on your GSXR used for different purposes.

·
Registered
503 Posts
They are similar sensors but not the same exact ohm measurements long story short they are not compatible to swap your bike won’t run correctly , ones mounted to the air box ones under ur tail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its def. the IAP, and the vacuum line connects to the sensor on one end, while the other end is definitely left open. I just replaced one on my k1 750.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts