Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
If you haven't already noticed, the ebay harnesses are almost always badly damaged, have cobbled repairs, or dubious modifications. Things get harder with age and you're talking about 18 years here. One route is to look for two damaged harnesses that can be combined into one good one. But you'll need to know exactly what an undamaged harness looks like. Assistance from someone who knows how to wire will be useful as you'll be dealing with things like the vinyl wrap and junction blocks. Also consider replacing damaged connectors - if only the connector is bad. You might be better off contacting breakers to see if they have any unblemished harnesses. K1 and K2 are different but fairly similar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you haven't already noticed, the ebay harnesses are almost always badly damaged, have cobbled repairs, or dubious modifications. Things get harder with age and you're talking about 18 years here. One route is to look for two damaged harnesses that can be combined into one good one. But you'll need to know exactly what an undamaged harness looks like. Assistance from someone who knows how to wire will be useful as you'll be dealing with things like the vinyl wrap and junction blocks. Also consider replacing damaged connectors - if only the connector is bad. You might be better off contacting breakers to see if they have any unblemished harnesses. K1 and K2 are different but fairly similar.
The harness I have has been cut down and all the safety features have been removed.
I can’t even put it into dealer mode to adjust the tps. Which was way out of whack and I blindly adjusted it and made it better but it’s not perfect.

·
Registered
413 Posts
On the K5/K6, and presumably yours, it's possible to adjust the TPS with a voltmeter connected to the TPS. It's a tad tricky, primarily because there's nearly no documentation about it. That's all the display on the cluster is reading.

"safety features have been removed"
That sounds like the kickstand switch and possibly the TOS. More? They could be restored with parts from another harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts