Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You can borrow/rent a fuel pressure gauge at a lot of auto supply stores. You can also buy one at Harbor Freight for $16.

You don't run the bike for the volume or pressure test. Just lift the tank and jump power directly to the fuel pump so it runs for the test..
So I'm thinking I may have found the culprit. I pulled the pump out and found this. Exposed positive wire to the pump. Started to take the wires off and the screw that holds the positive side the plate under it is cracked (circled in Pic) and the chewed up nut (not my doing) spins with the screw. Not exactly sure if this is replaceable, So I'm guessing I'll need a whole new pump?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Do a search for a Denso fuel pump, it's for cars, but I've read some models are also a direct fit on most of our bikes too. Much less $$.
Don't buy any cheapo FleaBay crap for it- know not to last at all.
Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Do a search for a Denso fuel pump, it's for cars, but I've read some models are also a direct fit on most of our bikes too. Much less $$.
Don't buy any cheapo FleaBay crap for it- know not to last at all.
Good luck
t

Thanks for the heads up, good looking out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Damn, found a pump on motosport.com for 615.00. If I absolutely have to ill get it but does Anyone else got a recommendation on sites that I could find one for cheaper?

·
SuperMod of the North
25,784 Posts
Woah. Look for another price. Try Suzukipartshouse for one. No idea if they are better price but they are another price. Partzilla and bikebandit also.

·
SuperMod of the North
25,784 Posts
EDIT: Holy shit they are expensive - Suzuki parts house isnt your place...Also you can try a bike salvage yard if there is one near you. used so no guarantee though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Found this one on a site called fuel pump factory. Says it replaces the current pump but the outer housing looks nothing like this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Replaced the bad wire on my pump, hooked it all back up and am now blowing fuses every time I go to start it. Blew the 10amp so put in 15 Amp and it's blowing those too? Obviously there's a short, but where? I know I hooked up everything correctly, or at least I think I did... LoL

·
Super Moderator
8,897 Posts
Take the power lead off the fuel pump and see if it stops blowing the fuse.

I think you know the answer already, you did something incorrectly assembling the pump.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
T
Take the power lead off the fuel pump and see if it stops blowing the fuse.

I think you know the answer already, you did something incorrectly assembling the pump.

THats the weird part is I hooked it up exactly the same way I took it apart. It's strange though, in the blown up view from the manual it looks the the power and negative are hooked up to different parts then what was hooked up on the pump when I pulled it out. (if that makes sense) I'll try and post pics when I get it pulled back out.

·
Super Moderator
8,897 Posts
All well and good. Take the lead off and see if the fuse stops blowing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts