Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a k4 1000 and just replaced the battery on idle its reading 14.9. At 5000 rpm its reading 14.7 is the correct for my bike seems a tad high many thanks in advanced for a update

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I have a k4 1000 and just replaced the battery on idle its reading 14.9. At 5000 rpm its reading 14.7 is the correct for my bike seems a tad high many thanks in advanced for a update
The upper limit is 15.5V so you are well within that. Most bikes I've checked seem to be 14.3-14.5 at 5k rpm but being a bit higher is not an issue. Consider the accuracy of your voltmeter also, they can be off a few tenths.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the fast reply. Do you not think i should be Not be concerned that its idle is 14.9 i do long distance when im out a brake down would be naff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery is brand new yuassa.
When i installed i done qwick check and was getting around 13.5 idle and 14.2 5000 rpm. I have since fully charged the battery and now getting my new Readings. Hence the slight confusion

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I appreciate the fast reply. Do you not think i should be Not be concerned that its idle is 14.9 i do long distance when im out a brake down would be naff
I don't know how to say "it is not a problem" except to say it is not a problem. Worry about something else.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
It’s best to go from the easiest to more difficult tests. You will need a good, digital, Volt Ohmmeter for these tests.
I considered closing the thread so it could be seen but not replied to. Don't want knuckleheads replying here for help. Wanna keep them in thier own threads.
Well it appears Tin's wish has gone out the window so here goes...

rv6john, is a True RMS meter needed for any of the GSXR diagnostics? I just bought (but haven't yet opened) a Klein MM400 at Home Depot but can go trade it in on an MM700 if the True RMS might eventually be needed. If not needed I won't waste the extra $50, as my GSXR is the most complicated work I intend to be using it for.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
@HydeWhyte, save your $50 for a roll of toilet paper. The true RMS meters are only needed for measuring AC current when the signal isn’t a pure sine wave.

A reasonable digital multimeter will suffice for all your tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Toughest thing I did today was open that friggin' plastic packaging without busting something on the new Klein meter. Turns out that I got the MM600, not the MM400 & it must have just been one of the options I was looking at while at Home Depot. I expect the 600 will be more than adequate for my needs.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
@HydeWhyte It has 200 more so it must be better.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
@HydeWhyte It has 200 more so it must be better.
Oh I know & I'm SO stoked! And it's a Tough Meter too so I can drop it from 3ft all I want!

But seriously, I only picked it because it came with a case. Only noticed later that it was good to 1000v instead of 600v

1 - 12 of 12 Posts