Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So been doing a lot of things to the bike and buying a few new bits and bobs as we do and I decided I badly needed a rear hugger.

cut a long story short I found a full carbon one and ordered it, it came yesterday and I’ve just tried to fit it this morning after night shift however, I genuinely don’t seem to have any where to mount it to?

I have two holes in the swing arm where the end of the tyre sits but they seem to be just holes lol? They aren’t threaded or anything but on the hugger it has holes where they are.

the hugger also has a hole which seems to line up with the bolt that holds the brake line in place but that hole is closed from the inside so I obviously can’t put a bolt through the hugger and into the frame.

Its really only the bolt for a chain guard I could use but this isn’t going to hold it secure enough while riding about.

I’ve though about putting a tap down the two open holes and fastening it there, just thought I’d see if anyone else has came up against a similar problem or if there are any other ways I could this lol.
Very strange the holes on the hugger match all these points but my bike seems unable to have one? Is this such a thing lol?

also I’ve emailed the manufacturers to see what they say but us bikers know best lol

Thanks folks, Stay safe everyone!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I bought one that has an integrated chain guard. It uses those holes and the bolt for the rear brake line clamp. It actually has nothing in the front.

You won't want to tap those since there's not enough metal there to actually work. Puig's hugger used well nuts to mount to these holes. That's what you should do too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one that has an integrated chain guard. It uses those holes and the bolt for the rear brake line clamp. It actually has nothing in the front.

You won't want to tap those since there's not enough metal there to actually work. Puig's hugger used well nuts to mount to these holes. That's what you should do too.
Hey mate thanks for the reply!
The one I’ve got has a chain guard too, I’ll attach some pictures Of my actual hugger to give you an idea.

With regards to the well nuts, I dunno how they would work because the Bolt for the brake line clamp doesn't come through the frame of the swing arm if you get me?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Nice looking hugger. When I looked at those pictures, I could swear I could hear the bike squeeling 'Clean me'! What did you do, ride thru a creek?
I wouldn't use a water hose either. A solvent and rag work nicely.

Good luck, you and others will get that properly mounted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking hugger. When I looked at those pictures, I could swear I could hear the bike squeeling 'Clean me'! What did you do, ride thru a creek?
I wouldn't use a water hose either. A solvent and rag work nicely.

Good luck, you and others will get that properly mounted.
Haha I know mate, left where I live and it was bone dry, got to where work is and it had been raining so damp roads :/
Will be cleaned on friday

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else got any input?

Thinking of just drilling the brake line clamp through to the other side and just picking the hugger and line up with a bolt & nylock nut, then secure it at the chain guard bolt aswel and hopefully that be enough cause it’s a sexy looking hugger and I want it on lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you wanted to use the 2 factory holes in the swing arm you could use the push type plastic rivets/anchors similar to a cars molding or door panel for example , Or you could figure out the hole size and add a threaded rivet so you can bolt it on, or a wall type anchor that folds pushes threw the holes and opens back up inside the hole. Just a few options. I will double check my factory one Later today and tell you exactly how it’s fastened on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you wanted to use the 2 factory holes in the swing arm you could use the push type plastic rivets/anchors similar to a cars molding or door panel for example , Or you could figure out the hole size and add a threaded rivet so you can bolt it on, or a wall type anchor that folds pushes threw the holes and opens back up inside the hole. Just a few options. I will double check my factory one Later today and tell you exactly how it’s fastened on.
Yeah think I’ll fire two threaded rivits in the swing arm holes and then fasten it at the chain guard. Hopefully those three will be enough lol.

If you could grab a pic or something mate that would be brilliant

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a nice looking carbon piece. Where did you get it? Lets see how you end up mounting this thing I want to see how it looks mounted. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts