Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my K4 GSXR 1000 out side over a weekend. It rained and now the engine wont run above 4,500 rpm approx without misfiring. It runs fine up until then. Any suggestions anyone?

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Thanks for that. I have been advised it might be a fuel pump issue
Welcome to the forum.

Your description of a "wont run above 4,500 rpm approx without misfiring" sounds more like an ignition problem.

Usually a fuel issue is more of a power loss or bogging at higher rpm.

Is is missing or bogging?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would bet coil packs.

You can test the coil packs by measuring the resistance between the earth pin and each of the other pin and the ignition cap.

Its bogging. The fuel pump seems to be fine. We think it might be the throttle valve actuator. it seems a bit stiff
Do you mean bogging when revved up or when under load and accelerating.

If it is the same in either case, I'll stick with electrical. If it is worse when actually accelerating then I'd say it is fuel starvation or as you say some fuel ratio issue.

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Its bogging. The fuel pump seems to be fine. We think it might be the throttle valve actuator. it seems a bit stiff
"seems to be fine" is not a good answer. You need to do a fuel flow and pressure check to make sure it is working correctly. There are other things like o-rings and the pressure regulator that can cause low pressure or flow and hence, your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that. Will look into it. We did think that water might have got into the tank. But it starts very easily and runs cleanly up to 4,500 rpm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts