Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I tried to do a search of the forums and couldn't find the answer, so hoping someone knows how to fix this.

I was riding yesterday on the highway when suddenly my bike's display shut off. Rode for about two minutes which then sputtered out and died. Wouldn't start and had to be towed home.

When I switch it on now, the display does not turn on, the fuel pump keeps running, and it will not start.

Checked the battery, 14v while off, 17v when switched on

Has someone experienced this before? If there's a way to post a video I can do so.

Other info about my bike:

Dynojet power commander V installed, otherwise is stock

The day before, tried to install a usb charger, didn't work, had the same issues above, uninstalled and it started and ran fine

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
Welcome.

What do you mean by the bike "wouldn't start"? The starter not working or the starter working but the bike not firing up?

The fuel pump runs as soon as you turn the key on?

Something is not right with your voltage readings. 14v is good with the key off but the voltage does not go up when you turn on the key on. Are you sure it is not 1.7volts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry I am not mechanically inclined at all. Starter works but won't fire up, just keeps priming the fuel pump.

fuel pump runs as soon as it turns on.

Checked the voltage again with a different multimeter and it's showing 11 volts now. Might've been the meter.

I've uploaded an youtube video below if that helps.

·
Super Moderator
9,145 Posts
@ap1000 The video is set to "private".

What have you done before this all happened? Did you replace the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome.

What do you mean by the bike "wouldn't start"? The starter not working or the starter working but the bike not firing up?

The fuel pump runs as soon as you turn the key on?

Something is not right with your voltage readings. 14v is good with the key off but the voltage does not go up when you turn on the key on. Are you sure it is not 1.7volts?
Hello, you can set this as solved now. Found the issue when using a test light and charging for a bit longer.

Clamped my test light into the battery negative and everything lit up as normal. Apparently there was too much corrosion at the battery connection point. Removed some of the corrosion and worked again!

Edit: @rv6john before this, all I did was try to install an aftermarket usb charger, and ride out on a particularly overcast day (wasn't raining yet). This thread can be closed now, though, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.