Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's the deal... :hmmm: I've had my k5 1000 since new and haven't changed the exhaust because I can't seem to find something I really like SO I'm asking all you 1000 owners what you think is a great slip on that sounds GOOD!! I had a yoshi on my 2000 750 but I didn't like the way it sounded. seemed weak...I like the look of the megaphone exhaust but that thing sounds like a freight train. Looking for a slip on and want to keep the rear pegs.... so whats everyone think?? Yoshi again? 2 Bros? Akropovic? :hmmm::hmmm: If you have pics of yours pls post... THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an M4 on my 06 1000 and loving it... nice deep sound. U can hear them on you tube. I will try to post pix within a few days(bike is at the dealer for the 05-06 1000 recall for the frame:headshake)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Get a two brothers pipe, cut 9" off of that bad boy, cut the wadding back and take 4" off the wrap of the wadding and rivet that boy back together.
Bought the two bro's pipe used on ebay 150 cut the scuff out of it with the 9" and put it back together 5 dollars and took that Taylormade and sold it to my buddy for 550, made 400 on a used pipe for a used pipe and the sound of this chopped two bro's blows that TM out of the park. Sounds sooooo mean and gargly!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

Hey thanks for the info...i gotta say, that M4 looks bad a$$.... i have to check out how it sounds.... everyone i know that has suzukis push the Yoshimura... honestly, I didnt like the way it sounded.... i dunno... all i know is I want a PIPE! ! ! ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
m4

Thanks Littledarrel... Im thinking the M4... its small and looks good in all black... then Im thinking of changing to K&N and adding a Bazzaz..... thoughts?:shifty

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dealer just called... frame recall was completed... now if this rain stops I can go pick her up......:hmmm:
If you want small, check out the Brocks short megaphone or alien head exhaust, not much bigger than an m4 system and it's a full system that'll help out if youre planning on tuning with bazzazz

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Checking them out now... you know if the M4 gp is really loud? I dont want it loud where i cant stand it or friends next to me are like WTF ?? Of course I can just tell them to :twofinger since they ride crap Hondahhhs

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes my man, go with the bazzaz!!! PC III is a great product but Bazzaz allows for a more precise tune if the person tuning knows how to tune!!! Or just get the ZAMF and map it yourself at the track. Great product, pricey but once done right..... BETTER!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok italian mike, so you think a slip on will be good enough with the K&N, and Bazzaz? or should i go with a full system? try and make an air filter change and end up spending a G note +
molto denaro... capische?
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
ok italian mike, so you think a slip on will be good enough with the K&N, and Bazzaz? or should i go with a full system? try and make an air filter change and end up spending a G note +
molto denaro... capische?
:thumbup:
You're not going to see the power out of a slip on that you would from a full system!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, the Aratas are a really nice system. Great quality and sound great. It can be tough to find them though. Or at least it was back when I was looking for one.

The yosh Japans are nice, sound great but very pricey. I have a racefit growler that I bought a long time ago to "be different" from the sterotypical yosh pipe for a change, but now it seems a lot of people have them. The M4s are nice, Akraprovic, Leo Vince, TI force, and of course your standard yosh pipes.

With the 05-06 having no catalytic converter I personally would just get a slip on and a fuel mapping unit like the Bazzaz. The factory headers are great IMO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im looking for the Arata's now... do they make them for Gixxers? I like the M4 but people told me thsy suck. ??? I definetly like the look of the GP exhausts but I dont want anything loud as [email protected]#$....

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Like you said in an earlier post, if you don't have the $ right now, just wait a little while. If you're planning on going w/ something like a bazzaz and actually get the bike tuned, it'll be worth saving a little more $ and getting a full system. Or else you could end up spending $ twice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts