Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MPG mod
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my K5 750 when I first start it daed cold it has a tapping noise from the motor like a bad valve adjustment. not so much a knock, its a light tap if i crack the throttle it goes away until it sits over night. anyone else getting this problem?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
exact same thing on the 06 too. is this something we need to worry about since it goes away after it heats up??

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Mael said:
GSXR's tap when they're cold. Its their way of remind you not to push the engine till it warms up.

Get used to it
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
+1 It's a suzuki thing. Let it get to at LEAST 100 before pulling out and over 140'ish before you push it at all.

Your bike's fine. it's normal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
STREET MAFiA said:
i have the same problem..... :damn:
This is not a Problem... :hmmm: This is a normal operating characteristic of a cold motor/valve train.
Let the bike idle until it warms up. Don`t rev the motor when it`s cold. Internal eng. tolerance`s are the cause for this noise. Everything expands and contract`s with temperature change`s. Like someone else stated. Let it reach 100 deg. and then ride it. Let it come up to normal operating temp. and then you can flog it. :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts