Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I lost my right side tank cover going down the blvd. I went up and down 3-4 times looking for it and no luck. I noticed a while ago around the middle the clip was broken and the owner before used Velcro lol it worked fine for a while until today. I’m not sure how the seat bolt managed to come loose but that’s not my concern rite now. I started shopping eBay amazon a few other sites for a new one and most of them all had long shipping/delivery times 2-3-4 weeks I searched some classifieds local craigslist OfferUp letgo. I don’t have a marketplace since I don’t have a face book they won’t let me use it, I don’t use any social media sites. My zip code is 19111 does anyone know where I can get a replacement in reasonable time reasonable price? I did find one set on amazon carbon fiber 130$ it be here by Friday . I’m not sure I need a 130$ Carbon fiber set .

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hi Paul,

What size K5-6 Gixxer is this? I'm assuming it's a Liter Bike.

The side plastics on the tank, at least on my K5-6 Liter, ARE help in place well with velcro- that's OEM.

Do you mean the long one towards the rear, or the smaller one?

Posting a pic would help too maybe?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sorry I should of said I thought I did it’s a k6 1000 the plastic bolts to the seat clips to the tank and tucks under a front corner. From what I’ve looked it’s accually called a side tank cover.

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
About $45 new online, so that is not totally hateful. A few popped up on Ebay for less.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My issue is @rv6john not the cost it’s the wait every one nearly is 2weeks plus for shipping time I’m honestly ready to pay 130$ for the carbon fiber bc it says will be here fri. altho that’s not what I want. I will do another eBay search thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts