Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of mentions of doing this, raising the fork tubes and putting the clipons above the top triple clamp.
Just for the heck of it, I went ahead and did it on our '06. I've been messing around with handlebar-raising schemes to accommodate my mature neckbones and this deserved a try.
So here's a picture. I raised the tubes 7/8", for reference. There was plenty of non-tapered tube to work with. I calculated clearances of full-compression without actually doing full compression in the garage and it seemed close but doable.
I rode the bike about 60 miles after doing it, but since I was struggling with the bike's chronic overheating issue, the bars were less of a thing. I did hit some good potholes at 60-ish with no contact between the fender and anything.
In any event, it turned out fine and worked well enough.
A couple of other notes about things visible in the picture: that blue band on the throttle grip is a "Big Ass Rubber Band" silicone band from Amazon. Slip it over the brake lever and you have a fast, efficient, easy parking brake. Better than parking in gear. Especially handy if you park your bike on a dolly, or, heaven forbid, have to pick it up after a drop and need to lock a brake (Have not tried this option!)
Also, the mirrors are on extender plates I cut out of 1/4" aluminum. They help a little in terms of seeing beyond the elbows. They also make track day prep faster: just unbolt the mirrors from the plates and disconnect the electricals.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Yep, mine are still this way on my Liter Bike since this post:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts