Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, having some issues with my 750. Picked it up halfway through this season and as I got comfortable with it, some issues popped up. I'm around 10 seconds off pace on Q3+s.

1) Not much power low - mid rpms. Flat Spot around 8-10k, but it does rip over 10k. Exhaust valve is deleted. Back flushed the internal fuel filter and replaced strainer. Some sediment came out. It is flashed by Bauce, but pretty much same issue on PC3 or flash. I dont think its fuel delivery because it would lean out even more with higher rpm. Going to readjust tps, but beyond that I'm not sure.

2) Weird handling issue- turns left okay, but struggles to turn in going to the right, and when tipping in, the bars TURN IN to the right, feels like I'm going to tuck the front every time. Should note it also chatters pretty bad braking from the straight, and have not done fork service yet, but not leaking. Want to get carts if the forks are good. Checked steering damper, brakes are good, did the front fork/wheel alignment per Dave Moss. Rear wheel mostly straight. Front right engine mount bolt where slider goes broke off (flexing in frame from the gyro effect of the motor?) Im going to pull the forks out soon and check if they are bent or binding. Also going to check stem bearings. Other than that I could only imagine a bent frame.

3) Occasionally in the pits, when taking off from a stop, it sounds like the motor honks as I pull away. Like a resistance. Goes away once I speed up. Does not honk just when revving it. Check the clutch? Failed Judder springs? Havent adjusted slip yet on it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. The issues are starting to build up and hope to take them on one by one until I have a solid running bike next season.

·
Premium Member
2005 GSX-R600 Anniversary Edition
2,862 Posts
1) Probably the tune. You'll have to put it on a dyno to figure that out.

2) The rear axle should be aligned to the swingarm pivot. Nothing else. Trying to get a zero from another component that moves is dumb. Also, the engine is a stressed member of the chassis. If you have a mount basically missing the flex can induce all kinds of weird feeling. And with a broken mount, it's possible the frame is also bent. Get it measured.

3) I got nothing.

·
Registered
628 Posts
3 worn clutch basket or throw out bearing can make noises on release. Or the plates are worn or blued and not grabbing appropriately.

2 I'd check bad steering head bearing/race as well as above posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. Good points- unfortunately they want 400 dollars for dyno time. I'll check rear axle against pivot. and its not the mount broken, its an aftermarket slider bolt seized in the head. I wasnt sure if it was a stressed member. Hoping #3 is no deeper than pulling the clutch basket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts