Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 06 600 with 2600 miles. yesterday and everything was fine but today when i went to go ride it would die when i put it in 1st. the guy i bought it from was a coworker and he had the same problem 4 days ago when he took it out of storage. All he did was adj the cable and it was fine. he did have to adj the cable alot (almost 1in) I tryed to adj it up top at the lever and also down below but it did not fix the problem this time. please help I bought the manual but i have to wait for it to be shipped and its going to kill me to wait that long.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If the kickstand is down and you put it into first (out of neutral), it will kill the engine.

I'm not sure of how the bike knows the kickstand is down, but maybe there is a problem with this wiring/connection.

Hope this helps =/

·
Registered
159 Posts
If the kickstand is down and you put it into first (out of neutral), it will kill the engine.

I'm not sure of how the bike knows the kickstand is down, but maybe there is a problem with this wiring/connection.

Hope this helps =/
if you get down and look at your kickstand when its down you will see a button that your kickstand pushes when it is up. if the button is not pushed in that is how it knows your kickstand is down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.