Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent about 6 months doing a complete tear down and replaced all worn or damaged seals, bearings, hoses, and other components. Then added some upgrades and did some engine work (cam, valves and clutch). Very happy with it and everything turned out great. I've rode bikes 10 years newer than this one and since the refresh this bike handles better than several I've rode.

Here is a list of the upgrades:

Ohlins Rear Shock
K-tech RDS Fork Cartridges
Brembo Front Master Cylinder 17RCS
Brembo Rotors
Brembo GP4-RS Calipers
Speigler SS brake lines
Vesrah SRJL-XX front brake pads
Galfer rear rotor
Zeta Clutch Perch
Attack Rearsets
Carbon fiber trim
EK3d 520 chain -1 front with Driven aluminum rear sprocket
Carrozzeria Titanium Grey wheels
Dunlop Q3+ 120/70 & 190/55
Shori Battery
Bazzaz Z FI-TC (fuel, quick shift & traction control)
Saddleman Seat
Zero Tolerance windscreen
M4 exhaust
GB Racing case covers
Captive rear caliper
Sprint air filter

·
Registered
500 Posts
Godzilla? That's not a GT-R.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really like those wheels! Very clean package.
Thanks, I like the wheels and they really improved the handling of the bike. It corners so much better after the wheels were added. They are made by Core Moto and the new Apex-6 wheels that Core Moto just released supposed to be even lighter and better balanced than these.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, I like the wheels and they really improved the handling of the bike. It corners so much better after the wheels were added. They are made by Core Moto and the new Apex-6 wheels that Core Moto just released supposed to be even lighter and better balanced than these.

I've heard that light wheels make a hugely noticable difference on a bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Got the quickshifter wired in and running good. Install wasn't to bad and the system works really smooth. Also, found a good deal on a Racefit exhaust and wanted to try one out so put it on. It sounds really good and has a nice low rumble at idle and sounds like a formula 1 race car when you get to 6,000+ in the rev range. The exhaust is titanium and super light <2lbs so with the combined stock titanium headers it's essentially a full titanium exhaust system now. I didn't know how much of a difference the Racefit would make in noticeable power but I do feel the throttle is more responsive and it has a stronger pull in the upper revs. So far I'm really liking it and to my surprise my wife said it sounded really good after I came in from riding :grin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Man that thing is gorgeous. I put a quick shifter on my Daytona 675 last year and freaking love it. Makes it really sound like a race bike when you pound through the gears wide open!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Man that thing is gorgeous. I put a quick shifter on my Daytona 675 last year and freaking love it. Makes it really sound like a race bike when you pound through the gears wide open!

Thanks and yes having a quick shifter is awesome. Even on the street it's nice to have when you want to bang through the gears and feel like a MotoGP racer. Also, nice to not have to pull the clutch in and drop revs when running hard to redline. It makes me want a quick downshifter now to be able to drop a gear going into turns without thinking about the clutch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Makes me want one, good job

The K5&K6 1000 are great bikes. I enjoy riding this one as much or more than newer model bikes. Although, I haven't rode a 2017+ GSX-R1000R or the ZX10RR yet so those are ones I would like to try out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks and yes having a quick shifter is awesome. Even on the street it's nice to have when you want to band through the gears and feel like a MotoGP racer. Also, nice to not have to pull the clutch in and drop revs when running hard to redline. It makes me want a quick downshifter now to be able to drop a gear going into turns without thinking about the clutch.

Have you ridden a bike with an auto blooper? I've ridden gtg the S1000RR and a Panigale V4 that had them (awesome local dealership here…) and they really are incredible. The quick shifter is one thing I def want for my track bike.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you ridden a bike with an auto blooper? I've ridden gtg the S1000RR and a Panigale V4 that had them (awesome local dealership here…) and they really are incredible. The quick shifter is one thing I def want for my track bike.

No, I haven't rode a bike with auto blipper and clutchless downshifting. Not sure what's involved to add that to an older bike. I may have to research that and see if it's possible without alot of work. Wish I had local dealers that carried more sport bikes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
No, I haven't rode a bike with auto blipper and clutchless downshifting. Not sure what's involved to add that to an older bike. I may have to research that and see if it's possible without alot of work. Wish I had local dealers that carried more sport bikes.

Hahaha just notice mine autocorrected to blooper…

I don't know if you can add it to an older bike or not. Keep us posted with what you learn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts